Man in 50s hit with claw hammer in aggravated burglary
A man has suffered facial injuries after being hit with what is believed to be a claw hammer during an aggravated burglary in Harleston.
Police are appealing for information following the incident which happened at approximately 3am on Friday June 15 at an address in Bullfinch Drive.
Three men, carrying what is believed to have been a claw hammer, confronted a man in his 50s inside the property.
The suspect/s assaulted the victim who received facial injuries and required stitches to his lip.
A games console and controllers were stolen.
You may also want to watch:
DC Lee Marriner from Norwich CID said: 'Based on the investigation so far, we believe that this could have been a targeted incident as opposed to a random attack.
'I would urge local residents who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area or seen any vehicles in Bullfinch Drive during the early hours of Friday June 15 to contact us.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 6 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 8 All shops to charge 10p for plastic bags from May 21
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Under-40s to be offered alternative to Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Lee Marriner at Norwich CID on 101.
If you have any information about this crime you can contact the Crimestoppers on 0800 555111