Man in 50s hit with claw hammer in aggravated burglary
A man has suffered facial injuries after being hit with what is believed to be a claw hammer during an aggravated burglary in Harleston.
Police are appealing for information following the incident which happened at approximately 3am on Friday June 15 at an address in Bullfinch Drive.
Three men, carrying what is believed to have been a claw hammer, confronted a man in his 50s inside the property.
The suspect/s assaulted the victim who received facial injuries and required stitches to his lip.
A games console and controllers were stolen.
You may also want to watch:
DC Lee Marriner from Norwich CID said: 'Based on the investigation so far, we believe that this could have been a targeted incident as opposed to a random attack.
'I would urge local residents who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area or seen any vehicles in Bullfinch Drive during the early hours of Friday June 15 to contact us.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 9 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Lee Marriner at Norwich CID on 101.
If you have any information about this crime you can contact the Crimestoppers on 0800 555111