Man in 50s hit with claw hammer in aggravated burglary
A man has suffered facial injuries after being hit with what is believed to be a claw hammer during an aggravated burglary in Harleston.
Police are appealing for information following the incident which happened at approximately 3am on Friday June 15 at an address in Bullfinch Drive.
Three men, carrying what is believed to have been a claw hammer, confronted a man in his 50s inside the property.
The suspect/s assaulted the victim who received facial injuries and required stitches to his lip.
A games console and controllers were stolen.
You may also want to watch:
DC Lee Marriner from Norwich CID said: 'Based on the investigation so far, we believe that this could have been a targeted incident as opposed to a random attack.
'I would urge local residents who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area or seen any vehicles in Bullfinch Drive during the early hours of Friday June 15 to contact us.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 6 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 7 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 8 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Norfolk RAF hero who lost both legs wins national awards
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Lee Marriner at Norwich CID on 101.
If you have any information about this crime you can contact the Crimestoppers on 0800 555111