Motorcyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after A143 crash
- Credit: Google Maps
A motorcyclist was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries after a crash on the A143 at the weekend.
The incident happened at about 3.54pm on Saturday at the junction with Old Bury Road in Palgrave.
A collision between three motorcycles, including a red Honda Fireblade, an orange KTM 250 and a blue Kawasaki ER 500 resulted in paramedics and air ambulance attending the scene.
Police have now confirmed a man in his 50s was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, having suffered life-threatening injuries.
His condition is described as critical but stable.
The two other riders suffered minor injuries, with one taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Road closures were put in place while an investigation was carried out.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to come forward, along with anyone driving in the area prior to the incident who has a dashcam in their vehicle.
- 1 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 2 Historic US airfield museum volunteers awarded highest Queen’s honour
- 3 Overturned lorry causes heavy traffic on A140
- 4 See inside £1.5m north Suffolk farmhouse surrounded by a moat
- 5 Heatwave to return this week - but how hot is Norfolk going to be?
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Health warning issued as temperatures to hit 34C in Norfolk this week
- 8 Earn a share of £16,000 giveaway for the charity that matters to you!
- 9 'Absolute rubbish' - Summit discusses controversial waste plant
- 10 Golden anniversary couple's romance began after roles at friends' wedding
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team, quoting reference: CAD 244 of June 4.