Man injured in Wingfield assault
A 62-year-old man suffered a serious head injury following an assault in a north Suffolk village at the weekend .Police are appealing information after the man was assaulted in Wingfield, near Diss, in the early hours of Saturday.
A 62-year-old man suffered a serious head injury following an assault in a north Suffolk village at the weekend .
Police are appealing information after the man was assaulted in Wingfield, near Diss, in the early hours of Saturday.
Officers received a call just after 3.30am from a member of the public in Castle Crescent reporting the assault.
The 62-year-old was found with head injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he is in a serious but stable condition, with a bleed on the brain.
Officers believe the assault happened in Vicarage Road between midnight and 3.30am. Enquiries are continuing to trace the offender.
Police initially cordoned off part of Vicarage Road and Castle Crescent as scenes of crime officers examined the area.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 3 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 4 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 5 Haulage company turns recruitment corner after upping wages five times
- 6 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 7 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 8 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 9 How the law around using your phone while driving is changing
- 10 Interactive map: Fall in coronavirus cases in Norfolk
Contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 01473 613500.