Man injured in Wingfield assault
A 62-year-old man suffered a serious head injury following an assault in a north Suffolk village at the weekend .Police are appealing information after the man was assaulted in Wingfield, near Diss, in the early hours of Saturday.
A 62-year-old man suffered a serious head injury following an assault in a north Suffolk village at the weekend .
Police are appealing information after the man was assaulted in Wingfield, near Diss, in the early hours of Saturday.
Officers received a call just after 3.30am from a member of the public in Castle Crescent reporting the assault.
The 62-year-old was found with head injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he is in a serious but stable condition, with a bleed on the brain.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe the assault happened in Vicarage Road between midnight and 3.30am. Enquiries are continuing to trace the offender.
Police initially cordoned off part of Vicarage Road and Castle Crescent as scenes of crime officers examined the area.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
Contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 01473 613500.