Man injured in Wingfield assault
A 62-year-old man suffered a serious head injury following an assault in a north Suffolk village at the weekend .Police are appealing information after the man was assaulted in Wingfield, near Diss, in the early hours of Saturday.
A 62-year-old man suffered a serious head injury following an assault in a north Suffolk village at the weekend .
Police are appealing information after the man was assaulted in Wingfield, near Diss, in the early hours of Saturday.
Officers received a call just after 3.30am from a member of the public in Castle Crescent reporting the assault.
The 62-year-old was found with head injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he is in a serious but stable condition, with a bleed on the brain.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe the assault happened in Vicarage Road between midnight and 3.30am. Enquiries are continuing to trace the offender.
Police initially cordoned off part of Vicarage Road and Castle Crescent as scenes of crime officers examined the area.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 4 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 9 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 10 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
Contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 01473 613500.