Man injured in Wingfield assault
A 62-year-old man suffered a serious head injury following an assault in a north Suffolk village at the weekend .Police are appealing information after the man was assaulted in Wingfield, near Diss, in the early hours of Saturday.
A 62-year-old man suffered a serious head injury following an assault in a north Suffolk village at the weekend .
Police are appealing information after the man was assaulted in Wingfield, near Diss, in the early hours of Saturday.
Officers received a call just after 3.30am from a member of the public in Castle Crescent reporting the assault.
The 62-year-old was found with head injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he is in a serious but stable condition, with a bleed on the brain.
Officers believe the assault happened in Vicarage Road between midnight and 3.30am. Enquiries are continuing to trace the offender.
Police initially cordoned off part of Vicarage Road and Castle Crescent as scenes of crime officers examined the area.
- 1 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 2 Three Suffolk pubs join forces for Jubilee weekend beer festival
- 3 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 6 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 9 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 01473 613500.