Man injured in Wingfield assault
A 62-year-old man suffered a serious head injury following an assault in a north Suffolk village at the weekend .Police are appealing information after the man was assaulted in Wingfield, near Diss, in the early hours of Saturday.
A 62-year-old man suffered a serious head injury following an assault in a north Suffolk village at the weekend .
Police are appealing information after the man was assaulted in Wingfield, near Diss, in the early hours of Saturday.
Officers received a call just after 3.30am from a member of the public in Castle Crescent reporting the assault.
The 62-year-old was found with head injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he is in a serious but stable condition, with a bleed on the brain.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe the assault happened in Vicarage Road between midnight and 3.30am. Enquiries are continuing to trace the offender.
Police initially cordoned off part of Vicarage Road and Castle Crescent as scenes of crime officers examined the area.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
Contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 01473 613500.