Man robbed at Harleston cashpoint
A man was robbed and assaulted while withdrawing money from a cash point at the Thoroughfare in Harleston. Police are appealing for information about the crime which happened at about 11.
A man was robbed and assaulted while withdrawing money from a cash point at the Thoroughfare in Harleston.
Police are appealing for information about the crime which happened at about 11.20pm on Friday.
The victim was withdrawing cash when an unknown man drew up on a silver mountain bike and grabbed him from behind, then pushed a sharp object into his back and demanded money. Cash, a cash card, driving licence and mobile phone were stolen.
The victim did try and stop the robber from making off from the scene, but was assaulted.
You may also want to watch:
His assailant is described as white, 6ft 2ins tall, 20-23 years old with blonde hair, wearing black and blue camouflage trousers, dark trainers and a dark hooded top.
The area would have been quite busy at the time of the incident and police are keen to speak to members of the public who may have witnessed the robbery, or who noticed anyone acting suspiciously in the area.
- 1 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 2 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 10 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
Any information to Det Con Kim Taylor at Norwich CID on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.