Man robbed at Harleston cashpoint
A man was robbed and assaulted while withdrawing money from a cash point at the Thoroughfare in Harleston. Police are appealing for information about the crime which happened at about 11.
A man was robbed and assaulted while withdrawing money from a cash point at the Thoroughfare in Harleston.
Police are appealing for information about the crime which happened at about 11.20pm on Friday.
The victim was withdrawing cash when an unknown man drew up on a silver mountain bike and grabbed him from behind, then pushed a sharp object into his back and demanded money. Cash, a cash card, driving licence and mobile phone were stolen.
The victim did try and stop the robber from making off from the scene, but was assaulted.
You may also want to watch:
His assailant is described as white, 6ft 2ins tall, 20-23 years old with blonde hair, wearing black and blue camouflage trousers, dark trainers and a dark hooded top.
The area would have been quite busy at the time of the incident and police are keen to speak to members of the public who may have witnessed the robbery, or who noticed anyone acting suspiciously in the area.
- 1 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 2 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 5 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 9 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 10 Royal family 'deeply grateful' for support following Prince Philip death
Any information to Det Con Kim Taylor at Norwich CID on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.