Man robbed at Harleston cashpoint
A man was robbed and assaulted while withdrawing money from a cash point at the Thoroughfare in Harleston. Police are appealing for information about the crime which happened at about 11.
A man was robbed and assaulted while withdrawing money from a cash point at the Thoroughfare in Harleston.
Police are appealing for information about the crime which happened at about 11.20pm on Friday.
The victim was withdrawing cash when an unknown man drew up on a silver mountain bike and grabbed him from behind, then pushed a sharp object into his back and demanded money. Cash, a cash card, driving licence and mobile phone were stolen.
The victim did try and stop the robber from making off from the scene, but was assaulted.
You may also want to watch:
His assailant is described as white, 6ft 2ins tall, 20-23 years old with blonde hair, wearing black and blue camouflage trousers, dark trainers and a dark hooded top.
The area would have been quite busy at the time of the incident and police are keen to speak to members of the public who may have witnessed the robbery, or who noticed anyone acting suspiciously in the area.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Any information to Det Con Kim Taylor at Norwich CID on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.