Man robbed at Harleston cashpoint
A man was robbed and assaulted while withdrawing money from a cash point at the Thoroughfare in Harleston. Police are appealing for information about the crime which happened at about 11.
A man was robbed and assaulted while withdrawing money from a cash point at the Thoroughfare in Harleston.
Police are appealing for information about the crime which happened at about 11.20pm on Friday.
The victim was withdrawing cash when an unknown man drew up on a silver mountain bike and grabbed him from behind, then pushed a sharp object into his back and demanded money. Cash, a cash card, driving licence and mobile phone were stolen.
The victim did try and stop the robber from making off from the scene, but was assaulted.
His assailant is described as white, 6ft 2ins tall, 20-23 years old with blonde hair, wearing black and blue camouflage trousers, dark trainers and a dark hooded top.
The area would have been quite busy at the time of the incident and police are keen to speak to members of the public who may have witnessed the robbery, or who noticed anyone acting suspiciously in the area.
- 1 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 2 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 3 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 4 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 8 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 New vintage gift and homeware shop opens in historic building
Any information to Det Con Kim Taylor at Norwich CID on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.