Meet Andrew Papworth, new editor of the Mercury in Diss, Harleston, Wymondham and Attleborough
- Credit: Archant
A new editor has taken over at the Mercury.
Andrew Papworth will edit the title as part of a wider role as editor for Mercury publisher Archant in South and West Norfolk.
It marks a return to the area for the 30-year-old, who edited the Mercury in 2014 before moving onto his most recent role as editor of The Journal in Lowestoft.
Mr Papworth said: 'I'm delighted to return to South Norfolk.
'I've already been out in the community meeting people and from my time here previously, I know just how strong the community spirit is here.
You may also want to watch:
'Those living in Diss, Wymondham, Attleborough, Harleston and surrounding areas already know what great places they are live.
'My goal is to shine a light on the amazing work of our communities.'
- 1 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 2 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 5 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip
- 10 Residents asked to leave sheltered housing with building's future in limbo
Mr Papworth is keen to hear your ideas and feedback about the Mercury. Email email@example.com