Meet Andrew Papworth, new editor of the Mercury in Diss, Harleston, Wymondham and Attleborough
- Credit: Archant
A new editor has taken over at the Mercury.
Andrew Papworth will edit the title as part of a wider role as editor for Mercury publisher Archant in South and West Norfolk.
It marks a return to the area for the 30-year-old, who edited the Mercury in 2014 before moving onto his most recent role as editor of The Journal in Lowestoft.
Mr Papworth said: 'I'm delighted to return to South Norfolk.
'I've already been out in the community meeting people and from my time here previously, I know just how strong the community spirit is here.
You may also want to watch:
'Those living in Diss, Wymondham, Attleborough, Harleston and surrounding areas already know what great places they are live.
'My goal is to shine a light on the amazing work of our communities.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
Mr Papworth is keen to hear your ideas and feedback about the Mercury. Email email@example.com