Meet Andrew Papworth, new editor of the Mercury in Diss, Harleston, Wymondham and Attleborough
- Credit: Archant
A new editor has taken over at the Mercury.
Andrew Papworth will edit the title as part of a wider role as editor for Mercury publisher Archant in South and West Norfolk.
It marks a return to the area for the 30-year-old, who edited the Mercury in 2014 before moving onto his most recent role as editor of The Journal in Lowestoft.
Mr Papworth said: 'I'm delighted to return to South Norfolk.
'I've already been out in the community meeting people and from my time here previously, I know just how strong the community spirit is here.
You may also want to watch:
'Those living in Diss, Wymondham, Attleborough, Harleston and surrounding areas already know what great places they are live.
'My goal is to shine a light on the amazing work of our communities.'
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 9 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
Mr Papworth is keen to hear your ideas and feedback about the Mercury. Email firstname.lastname@example.org