Meet Andrew Papworth, new editor of the Mercury in Diss, Harleston, Wymondham and Attleborough
- Credit: Archant
A new editor has taken over at the Mercury.
Andrew Papworth will edit the title as part of a wider role as editor for Mercury publisher Archant in South and West Norfolk.
It marks a return to the area for the 30-year-old, who edited the Mercury in 2014 before moving onto his most recent role as editor of The Journal in Lowestoft.
Mr Papworth said: 'I'm delighted to return to South Norfolk.
'I've already been out in the community meeting people and from my time here previously, I know just how strong the community spirit is here.
'Those living in Diss, Wymondham, Attleborough, Harleston and surrounding areas already know what great places they are live.
'My goal is to shine a light on the amazing work of our communities.'
- 1 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Meet Norfolk's own Karate Kid - who hopes to compete on world stage
- 3 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 4 Nissen hut conversion approved despite holiday home noise concerns
- 5 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
- 7 Fresh plans for controversial waste plant revealed
- 8 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
- 9 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 10 Rare 19th century painting found in Norfolk home sells for £160k
Mr Papworth is keen to hear your ideas and feedback about the Mercury. Email firstname.lastname@example.org