Memorial fund helps pay for Diss Town Under 10’s squad’s new kit
- Credit: Archant
The Four Friends Memorial Fund has helped to pay for new equipment for a boys' football team.
Hats and tee shirts plus jackets, bearing the fund's name, have been donated to the Diss Town Under 10s team at a cost of just over £450.
The fund was set up in memory of four West Suffolk men who died in an industrial accident in Great Yarmouth, in January 2011 - Thomas Hazelton, 26, Daniel Hazelton, 30, and Peter Johnson, 42, all from Stanton, and Adam Taylor, 28, from Rickinghall.
It was set up thanks to the generous support of readers of our sister title the East Anglian Daily Times, with a memorial to the four already set up in both villages.
One of the boys who plays for the Under 10s is a son of one of the men who died in the tragedy.
You may also want to watch:
Have you got a story? Email email@example.com
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk