Memorial fund helps pay for Diss Town Under 10’s squad’s new kit
- Credit: Archant
The Four Friends Memorial Fund has helped to pay for new equipment for a boys' football team.
Hats and tee shirts plus jackets, bearing the fund's name, have been donated to the Diss Town Under 10s team at a cost of just over £450.
The fund was set up in memory of four West Suffolk men who died in an industrial accident in Great Yarmouth, in January 2011 - Thomas Hazelton, 26, Daniel Hazelton, 30, and Peter Johnson, 42, all from Stanton, and Adam Taylor, 28, from Rickinghall.
It was set up thanks to the generous support of readers of our sister title the East Anglian Daily Times, with a memorial to the four already set up in both villages.
One of the boys who plays for the Under 10s is a son of one of the men who died in the tragedy.
You may also want to watch:
Have you got a story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 6 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 7 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 8 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 9 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing