Memorial fund helps pay for Diss Town Under 10’s squad’s new kit
- Credit: Archant
The Four Friends Memorial Fund has helped to pay for new equipment for a boys' football team.
Hats and tee shirts plus jackets, bearing the fund's name, have been donated to the Diss Town Under 10s team at a cost of just over £450.
The fund was set up in memory of four West Suffolk men who died in an industrial accident in Great Yarmouth, in January 2011 - Thomas Hazelton, 26, Daniel Hazelton, 30, and Peter Johnson, 42, all from Stanton, and Adam Taylor, 28, from Rickinghall.
It was set up thanks to the generous support of readers of our sister title the East Anglian Daily Times, with a memorial to the four already set up in both villages.
One of the boys who plays for the Under 10s is a son of one of the men who died in the tragedy.
You may also want to watch:
Have you got a story? Email email@example.com
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants