Men assaulted and robbed in Diss
A 36-year-old man was pushed to the ground and punched and kicked in the face by two youths during a robbery in the centre of Diss.Detectives are appealing for information following the incident that happened in Market Hill between 10.
Detectives are appealing for information after two men were assaulted and robbed in two separate attacks in the Diss area.
Both robberies happened on Monday and involved a group of young men.
The first happened between midday and 1pm when a 60-year-old man was approached by four men aged between 18 and 20 in High Road, Roydon.
He was struck from behind and fell to the floor and the suspects demanded he hand over money. He gave them a quantity of cash and the men ran off. The victim suffered a bruised forehead.
Later on Monday, a 36-year-old man was pushed to the ground and punched and kicked in the face by two youths during a robbery in the centre of Diss. The incident happened in Market Hill between 10.30pm and 11.10pm on Monday .
The victim had been involved in a verbal altercation with a group of youths near the post office in the Market Place.
- 1 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 2 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 3 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 4 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 5 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 8 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 9 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
He walked a short distance towards his home when two young men approached him from behind and pushed him to the floor. He was assaulted and a gold neck chain was stolen. The victim suffered bruising to the left eye and the face.
Anyone with information about the two robberies is asked to contact Det Con Claire Fox at Thetford police station on 0845 456 4567 or anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.