Men assaulted and robbed in Diss
A 36-year-old man was pushed to the ground and punched and kicked in the face by two youths during a robbery in the centre of Diss.Detectives are appealing for information following the incident that happened in Market Hill between 10.
Detectives are appealing for information after two men were assaulted and robbed in two separate attacks in the Diss area.
Both robberies happened on Monday and involved a group of young men.
The first happened between midday and 1pm when a 60-year-old man was approached by four men aged between 18 and 20 in High Road, Roydon.
He was struck from behind and fell to the floor and the suspects demanded he hand over money. He gave them a quantity of cash and the men ran off. The victim suffered a bruised forehead.
You may also want to watch:
Later on Monday, a 36-year-old man was pushed to the ground and punched and kicked in the face by two youths during a robbery in the centre of Diss. The incident happened in Market Hill between 10.30pm and 11.10pm on Monday .
The victim had been involved in a verbal altercation with a group of youths near the post office in the Market Place.
- 1 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 2 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 6 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 7 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 8 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 9 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 10 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
He walked a short distance towards his home when two young men approached him from behind and pushed him to the floor. He was assaulted and a gold neck chain was stolen. The victim suffered bruising to the left eye and the face.
Anyone with information about the two robberies is asked to contact Det Con Claire Fox at Thetford police station on 0845 456 4567 or anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.