Miss England contestant needs votes
- Credit: Archant
A university student from Long Stratton needs your help and support to secure a place in the Miss England 2015 semi-final.
Cheraleigh Van Zanten, a first year Veterinary Medicine student studying at the Royal Veterinary College in Camden, needs people to vote for her to make it into the top three of the heat.
If she does reach the top three, her fate will then be in the hands of the panel of judges who will decide who is the most photogenic and will receive a place in the semi-final.
Miss Van Zanten, has always had an interest in the beauty pageant and said it was the chance the competition offers to become involved in charity work that appealed to her.
The 18-year-old said: 'The reason I applied for Miss England is because I like to think of myself as a charitable woman. I put others before myself in many situations, I lead a happy healthy lifestyle with the balance of education and sport and I feel like I have worked hard to be where I am today.
You may also want to watch:
'Miss England offers the chance to be involved in charity work and that was something good for me.'
If the former Long Stratton High School student wins the heat and makes it to the semi-final she would compete to secure a place in the grand final next year. The winner of Miss England 2015 will spend the year raising awareness for various charities and will win a place in Miss World 2015.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 5 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 9 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 10 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
'It's been really good so far and I am already shocked I got this far,' Miss Van Zanten added.
'It would mean a lot to me if I got through to the semi-final and the final- I've always been interested in Miss England.'
You can vote for Cheraleigh by texting MISS ENGH06 to 63333 or call 0901 3078571 and press 06 when prompted.
Are you involved in a competition? Tell the Mercury by calling 01379 651153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org