Needham village to launch Community Heritage Project
- Credit: Archant
Residents of a South Norfolk Village are being invited to attend the launch of a Community Heritage Project.
On Sunday, February 4, Stephen Poulter will be hosting a talk on the history of Needham and its residents, after which the date and details of the first meeting of the Needham Community Heritage Project will be announced.
Mr Poulter will be revealing the history of Needham through its three old inns, the families who have lived in the village and their various fortunes and misfortunes.
He will also be telling the story of Needham residents who served in the First World War and how the village prepared to celebrate the Queen's
Coronation in 1953.
You may also want to watch:
The talk is free to attend but donations and contributions to the heritage project will be welcomed.
Anyone wishing to be involved in the heritage project which will be a partnership between Needham and the neighbouring village of Brockdish should email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 5 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser