Net auction means net gain for Brownies
A group of Brownies in a Suffolk village is auctioning off art work to raise funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.Members of 1st Fressingfield Brownies have drawn fairy-themed pictures which are being auctioned off on the internet auction site Ebay.
A group of Brownies in a Suffolk village is auctioning off art work to raise funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Members of 1st Fressingfield Brownies have drawn fairy-themed pictures which are being auctioned off on the internet auction site Ebay.
The auction started on June 4 and finishes on Saturday.
Each picture comes with a laminated letter from the Brownie who painted the picture, thanking the buyer for their donation and brief details about why she feels fund raising for the air ambulance is important.
You may also want to watch:
The agent of Hollywood actor Johnny Depp, who is rumoured to have bought a home in the Suffolk area, has donated a signed photograph which will be won by the Brownie whose artwork raises the most money on Ebay.
Brown Owl Wendy Sayer said that bids have already starting coming in for the pictures, which are currently on display at the King's Head at Laxfield. She said: “I am really pleased with all the Brownies. The pictures look fantastic.”
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
Mrs Sayer said that she had asked Mr Depp's American agent for the signed photograph after reading press reports that he may have bought a house in the area.