Net auction means net gain for Brownies
A group of Brownies in a Suffolk village is auctioning off art work to raise funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.Members of 1st Fressingfield Brownies have drawn fairy-themed pictures which are being auctioned off on the internet auction site Ebay.
A group of Brownies in a Suffolk village is auctioning off art work to raise funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Members of 1st Fressingfield Brownies have drawn fairy-themed pictures which are being auctioned off on the internet auction site Ebay.
The auction started on June 4 and finishes on Saturday.
Each picture comes with a laminated letter from the Brownie who painted the picture, thanking the buyer for their donation and brief details about why she feels fund raising for the air ambulance is important.
The agent of Hollywood actor Johnny Depp, who is rumoured to have bought a home in the Suffolk area, has donated a signed photograph which will be won by the Brownie whose artwork raises the most money on Ebay.
Brown Owl Wendy Sayer said that bids have already starting coming in for the pictures, which are currently on display at the King's Head at Laxfield. She said: “I am really pleased with all the Brownies. The pictures look fantastic.”
- 1 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 4 Recipe: Make our Cherries Jubilee cake
- 5 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 8 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 9 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 10 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
Mrs Sayer said that she had asked Mr Depp's American agent for the signed photograph after reading press reports that he may have bought a house in the area.