New chairman or woman wanted for neighbourhood plan steering group
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A new chairman or chairwoman is wanted to bring energy and enthusiasm to neighbourhood planning.
Mike Bootman recently resigned his position at The Diss and District Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group, leaving an opening for a dedicated individual to step in.
Mr Bootman managed the group through its early stages, and a group spokesman said it is 'immensely grateful for his dedication and leadership'.
Expressions of interest from residents within the Plan Area or business leaders in particular are welcome. The Plan Area includes Diss and the six surrounding parishes of Scole, Burston and Shimpling, Roydon, Palgrave, Stuston and Brome and Oakley.
Key issues have been identified through a survey conducted earlier this year and a successful business summit was held in May chaired by South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon. While transport and traffic congestion are universally
You may also want to watch:
recognised as pressing concerns for both residents and businesses alike, the main thrust of the Plan must now focus on housing and infrastructure, and establish a framework for local control.
Therefore, the next phase will engage with local authorities and plan for growth in Diss and surrounding parishes in a way that reflects local capacity and need.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 6 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages
Anyone who is interested should contact the Interim Independent Chairman, Cllr David Burn, on 01379 788712 or 07889 301414, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.