New chairman or woman wanted for neighbourhood plan steering group
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A new chairman or chairwoman is wanted to bring energy and enthusiasm to neighbourhood planning.
Mike Bootman recently resigned his position at The Diss and District Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group, leaving an opening for a dedicated individual to step in.
Mr Bootman managed the group through its early stages, and a group spokesman said it is 'immensely grateful for his dedication and leadership'.
Expressions of interest from residents within the Plan Area or business leaders in particular are welcome. The Plan Area includes Diss and the six surrounding parishes of Scole, Burston and Shimpling, Roydon, Palgrave, Stuston and Brome and Oakley.
Key issues have been identified through a survey conducted earlier this year and a successful business summit was held in May chaired by South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon. While transport and traffic congestion are universally
You may also want to watch:
recognised as pressing concerns for both residents and businesses alike, the main thrust of the Plan must now focus on housing and infrastructure, and establish a framework for local control.
Therefore, the next phase will engage with local authorities and plan for growth in Diss and surrounding parishes in a way that reflects local capacity and need.
- 1 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 2 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 3 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 4 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 5 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 9 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 10 Care home's visitor pod helps residents stay connected with loved ones
Anyone who is interested should contact the Interim Independent Chairman, Cllr David Burn, on 01379 788712 or 07889 301414, or e-mail email@example.com.