New chapter for Wymondham Baptist Church
Wymondham Baptist Church is set to open a new chapter in its 200 year history next month by appointing a new minister.Friends of the church are invited to attend the formal induction of Alan Davies at a service on Saturday, January 9 at 3pm.
Wymondham Baptist Church is set to open a new chapter in its 200 year history next month by appointing a new minister.
Friends of the church are invited to attend the formal induction of Alan Davies at a service on Saturday, January 9 at 3pm.
The baptist church body voted unanimously to invite Rev Davies to join them as their official minister after a two-year period without one.
The minister, who joined the ministry full-time in 1982, had previously worked in the RAF and represented the Home Office in the UK and abroad.
Rev Davies, who married his wife Janice in September, and has set up home in Wymondham, has served different roles in churches across the region over the last few years.
Nigel Hannant, one of the team of deacons, which has been running administrative affairs for the church, said: 'Alan and Janice already fit in as one of us, really fitting in with where we are in our journey, and where they are in their own lives.'
- 1 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 2 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 3 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 4 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 5 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 8 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 9 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
'We're excited about how Alan's wisdom and insight will enhance all our own talents, and how he will lead and support by working alongside us.'
For more information, contact the church, in Queen Street, Wymondham, 01953 607938.