New homes plan for Attleborough
A patch of arable farm land in Attleborough has been earmarked for 80 new homes.An outline planning application has been submitted to transform a 2.4 hectare site bordering London Road and New Road into housing.
A patch of arable farm land in Attleborough has been earmarked for 80 new homes.
An outline planning application has been submitted to transform a 2.4 hectare site bordering London Road and New Road into housing.
It is a re-submission of plans which were first considered by Breckland Council in 2007, but these proposed 90 dwellings. Those plans were withdrawn.
The new proposals have been put forward by the Foulger family, who own the land.
The site, opposite the Haverscroft Industrial Estate, would comprise of houses and flats, with 40pc of these being allocated for affordable housing.
About 0.5 hectares would be designated as open space and an access would be created onto New Road.
- 1 New Lidl could create 40 'living wage' jobs
- 2 Two crashes in one hour in Pulham Market area
- 3 WATCH: Norfolk MP says PM birthday celebration a 'relatively minor offence'
- 4 Fast-growing audio-visual company snaps up another business
- 5 The battle of Bressingham... the village torn apart by energy scheme
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 8 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 9 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
- 10 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
The planning documents said: 'The proposed housing is appropriate in terms of scale, density and character within the surrounding area.
'It offers a mixture of dwelling types, size and tenure that will meet the accommodation needs of a broad section of the community and includes the delivery of affordable housing.'
Attleborough Town Council has already objected to the proposals saying the land should remain as designated open space.
Comments on the plans should be submitted to Breckland Council by July 22.