A140 car business could be demolished to make way for new homes
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Plans have been submitted to demolish a garage and vehicle repair business close to the A140 and build new homes on the site.
The owners of Scole Engineering plan to relocate the existing family business to a smaller facility if approval is given to convert the site on Diss Road.
A planning application submitted to South Norfolk Council seeks permission to remove two 1960s commercial buildings to make way for nine new homes.
The plans include pairs of semi-detached two-story style three-bed properties along the street eastwards from The Laurels, while further back on the sloping site two one and a half story houses then at the rear of the land bungalow style accommodation.
The application describes it as: "A small development to complement the aesthetics of the street whilst supplying a variety of housing styles to accommodate differing needs and allowing the relocation of a family business to a smaller facility."
You may also want to watch:
There has been a car business on the site near to the Diss junction roundabout on the A140 for many decades. The workshops currently provide garage services including vehicle repairs, tuning, bodywork and spraying.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'