New police inspector in Diss
A new inspector has taken over the reins of the community policing teams in Diss, Harleston and Long Stratton.Insp Gavin Money has taken the lead for the three Safer Neighbourhood Teams after more than 20 years experience in the force.
A new inspector has taken over the reins of the community policing teams in Diss, Harleston and Long Stratton.
Insp Gavin Money has taken the lead for the three Safer Neighbourhood Teams after more than 20 years experience in the force.
The officer, who previously worked in the west of the county, takes over from Insp Stuart Chapman who had been in the role for two years and takes up a new post as Detective Inspector in Thetford.
Insp Money said he was looking forward to establishing new contacts in the south Norfolk area and working to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm pleased to be given the opportunity to work in the neighbourhoods of Diss, Harleston and Long Stratton, and as a resident of south Norfolk I have an active interest to deal with local issues and improve the quality of life for all who live and work in the area.'
'I would like to see more people coming forward and reporting stuff because the more detail we have, the more we can act on it. There is very low crime in this area and we want to keep it that way,' he said.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 3 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 4 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 5 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 6 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
For more information, call 0845 456 4567 or visit www.norfolk.police.uk.