New police inspector in Diss
A new inspector has taken over the reins of the community policing teams in Diss, Harleston and Long Stratton.Insp Gavin Money has taken the lead for the three Safer Neighbourhood Teams after more than 20 years experience in the force.
A new inspector has taken over the reins of the community policing teams in Diss, Harleston and Long Stratton.
Insp Gavin Money has taken the lead for the three Safer Neighbourhood Teams after more than 20 years experience in the force.
The officer, who previously worked in the west of the county, takes over from Insp Stuart Chapman who had been in the role for two years and takes up a new post as Detective Inspector in Thetford.
Insp Money said he was looking forward to establishing new contacts in the south Norfolk area and working to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm pleased to be given the opportunity to work in the neighbourhoods of Diss, Harleston and Long Stratton, and as a resident of south Norfolk I have an active interest to deal with local issues and improve the quality of life for all who live and work in the area.'
'I would like to see more people coming forward and reporting stuff because the more detail we have, the more we can act on it. There is very low crime in this area and we want to keep it that way,' he said.
- 1 13 fire crews battle blaze at 'beautiful thatched house'
- 2 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 3 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 4 Severe damage caused to thatched cottage after blaze
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 7 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Spotlight on South Norfolk
- 8 Cash For Charites: Last call to apply for £20,000
- 9 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
For more information, call 0845 456 4567 or visit www.norfolk.police.uk.