New president and Diss and District Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
The outgoing president of a South Norfolk Rotary club has been awarded one of the highest accolades a Rotarian can receive.
The Diss and District Rotary Club haS announced ITS new president for the upcoming year will be Clive Sinfield, who was previously president of the club in the mid-1990S.
One of Mr Sinfield's first tasks as president was to award the former president, Heather Babb, with the Paul Harris Fellowship - the highest award a Rotarian can receive.
Mr Sinfield thanked Mrs Babb for handing over the club in good shape with a strong membership.
He drew attention to her hard work, not just during the previous year but throughout her time as a Rotary Club member.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Babb said: 'I cannot believe that I have been given this award and feel very humble and grateful to my fellow Rotarians who have honoured me in this way.'
- 1 Welcome to our new website
- 2 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
- 3 A1066 clear following earlier breakdown
- 4 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 10 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move