New president and Diss and District Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
The outgoing president of a South Norfolk Rotary club has been awarded one of the highest accolades a Rotarian can receive.
The Diss and District Rotary Club haS announced ITS new president for the upcoming year will be Clive Sinfield, who was previously president of the club in the mid-1990S.
One of Mr Sinfield's first tasks as president was to award the former president, Heather Babb, with the Paul Harris Fellowship - the highest award a Rotarian can receive.
Mr Sinfield thanked Mrs Babb for handing over the club in good shape with a strong membership.
He drew attention to her hard work, not just during the previous year but throughout her time as a Rotary Club member.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Babb said: 'I cannot believe that I have been given this award and feel very humble and grateful to my fellow Rotarians who have honoured me in this way.'
- 1 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 2 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 5 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip
- 10 Residents asked to leave sheltered housing with building's future in limbo