New sixth form wins awards
Wymondham College has won two awards for its new sixth form centre.The college has clinched the new building and landscape design categories in the South Norfolk Design Awards.
Wymondham College has won two awards for its new sixth form centre.
The college has clinched the new building and landscape design categories in the South Norfolk Design Awards.
The design of new sixth form complex was won by LSI Architects and the governors awarded the contract to local contractors, RG Carter and structural design engineers Ramboll Whitbybird.
The aim of the awards is to promote good design and to show how this can improve the quality of the built environment and its landscape setting.
You may also want to watch:
The award is offered every year in recognition of design excellence in the district.
The panel were particularly impressed with the overall quality of the design, the attention to detail throughout and the consideration given to sustainability issues as an integral part of the design process.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 7 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
College principal Melvyn Roffe said: “Our new accommodation takes sixth form boarding education to a new level and I am delighted that the outstanding design and landscaping of the building has been recognised by this award.”
The presentation of the awards will be made on Friday November 14 at South Norfolk Council's headquarters in Long Stratton.