New sixth form wins awards
Wymondham College has won two awards for its new sixth form centre.The college has clinched the new building and landscape design categories in the South Norfolk Design Awards.
Wymondham College has won two awards for its new sixth form centre.
The college has clinched the new building and landscape design categories in the South Norfolk Design Awards.
The design of new sixth form complex was won by LSI Architects and the governors awarded the contract to local contractors, RG Carter and structural design engineers Ramboll Whitbybird.
The aim of the awards is to promote good design and to show how this can improve the quality of the built environment and its landscape setting.
You may also want to watch:
The award is offered every year in recognition of design excellence in the district.
The panel were particularly impressed with the overall quality of the design, the attention to detail throughout and the consideration given to sustainability issues as an integral part of the design process.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 7 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 8 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 9 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
College principal Melvyn Roffe said: “Our new accommodation takes sixth form boarding education to a new level and I am delighted that the outstanding design and landscaping of the building has been recognised by this award.”
The presentation of the awards will be made on Friday November 14 at South Norfolk Council's headquarters in Long Stratton.