New sixth form wins awards
Wymondham College has won two awards for its new sixth form centre.The college has clinched the new building and landscape design categories in the South Norfolk Design Awards.
Wymondham College has won two awards for its new sixth form centre.
The college has clinched the new building and landscape design categories in the South Norfolk Design Awards.
The design of new sixth form complex was won by LSI Architects and the governors awarded the contract to local contractors, RG Carter and structural design engineers Ramboll Whitbybird.
The aim of the awards is to promote good design and to show how this can improve the quality of the built environment and its landscape setting.
The award is offered every year in recognition of design excellence in the district.
The panel were particularly impressed with the overall quality of the design, the attention to detail throughout and the consideration given to sustainability issues as an integral part of the design process.
- 1 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 2 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 3 Three Suffolk pubs join forces for Jubilee weekend beer festival
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Diss mayor hopes to see town 'prosper' following re-election
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 8 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 9 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
College principal Melvyn Roffe said: “Our new accommodation takes sixth form boarding education to a new level and I am delighted that the outstanding design and landscaping of the building has been recognised by this award.”
The presentation of the awards will be made on Friday November 14 at South Norfolk Council's headquarters in Long Stratton.