Night patrols curbing town centre yobs
Police say that Diss people are benefiting from “intensive” night-time patrols.Residents had complained of anti-social behaviour and vandalism in the town centre.
Police say that Diss people are benefiting from “intensive” night-time patrols.
Residents had complained of anti-social behaviour and vandalism in the town
But police say that, since the issue was raised and made a priority by the safer neigh-bourhood team, the town has seen a significant reduction in crime in the evenings, especially on Fridays.
Officers have increased high-visibility patrols during the evening at weekends,
and the team has intervened early in any problems that have arisen.
- 1 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 2 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 3 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 6 The 4 most wanted men in Norfolk
- 7 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 8 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 9 New vintage gift and homeware shop opens in historic building
- 10 Dad's poignant fundraiser in memory of 'brave' son, 15
Safer neighbourhood team sergeant Dave Sutton said: “This has been a concerted effort by local police officers to address what the comm-unity has told us at a recent priority-setting meeting.
“We are really pleased with the results we have achieved so far, but we have still got a long way to go to maintain satisfaction for the residents who live near the town centre.”
You can call the team with your crime concerns on 0845 456 4567 or email sntdiss@