Night patrols curbing town centre yobs
Police say that Diss people are benefiting from “intensive” night-time patrols.Residents had complained of anti-social behaviour and vandalism in the town centre.
Police say that Diss people are benefiting from “intensive” night-time patrols.
Residents had complained of anti-social behaviour and vandalism in the town
But police say that, since the issue was raised and made a priority by the safer neigh-bourhood team, the town has seen a significant reduction in crime in the evenings, especially on Fridays.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have increased high-visibility patrols during the evening at weekends,
and the team has intervened early in any problems that have arisen.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
Safer neighbourhood team sergeant Dave Sutton said: “This has been a concerted effort by local police officers to address what the comm-unity has told us at a recent priority-setting meeting.
“We are really pleased with the results we have achieved so far, but we have still got a long way to go to maintain satisfaction for the residents who live near the town centre.”
You can call the team with your crime concerns on 0845 456 4567 or email sntdiss@