Night patrols curbing town centre yobs
Police say that Diss people are benefiting from “intensive” night-time patrols.Residents had complained of anti-social behaviour and vandalism in the town centre.
Police say that Diss people are benefiting from “intensive” night-time patrols.
Residents had complained of anti-social behaviour and vandalism in the town
But police say that, since the issue was raised and made a priority by the safer neigh-bourhood team, the town has seen a significant reduction in crime in the evenings, especially on Fridays.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have increased high-visibility patrols during the evening at weekends,
and the team has intervened early in any problems that have arisen.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
Safer neighbourhood team sergeant Dave Sutton said: “This has been a concerted effort by local police officers to address what the comm-unity has told us at a recent priority-setting meeting.
“We are really pleased with the results we have achieved so far, but we have still got a long way to go to maintain satisfaction for the residents who live near the town centre.”
You can call the team with your crime concerns on 0845 456 4567 or email sntdiss@