Night patrols curbing town centre yobs
Police say that Diss people are benefiting from “intensive” night-time patrols.Residents had complained of anti-social behaviour and vandalism in the town centre.
Police say that Diss people are benefiting from “intensive” night-time patrols.
Residents had complained of anti-social behaviour and vandalism in the town
But police say that, since the issue was raised and made a priority by the safer neigh-bourhood team, the town has seen a significant reduction in crime in the evenings, especially on Fridays.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have increased high-visibility patrols during the evening at weekends,
and the team has intervened early in any problems that have arisen.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 9 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 10 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
Safer neighbourhood team sergeant Dave Sutton said: “This has been a concerted effort by local police officers to address what the comm-unity has told us at a recent priority-setting meeting.
“We are really pleased with the results we have achieved so far, but we have still got a long way to go to maintain satisfaction for the residents who live near the town centre.”
You can call the team with your crime concerns on 0845 456 4567 or email sntdiss@