Nine fire crews tackle major blaze at chicken shed
PUBLISHED: 09:48 04 July 2019 | UPDATED: 09:48 04 July 2019
A major blaze that engulfed a chicken shed was fought by nine fire crews from both Norfolk and Suffolk.
Emergency services were called to Finningham Road, at Botesdale, near Diss, at 3,30pm on Wednesday, July 3, after reports of that a large metal frame structure was on fire.
You may also want to watch:
No livestock was in the building measuring 20m by 80m, which had been used as a chicken shed, as flames engulfed it.
Fire crews from from Stradbroke, Eye, Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Elmswell, Ixworth, and Newmarket, were joined by Norfolk firefighters from Diss and Thetford to tackle the blaze.
The building, whose roof collapsed, was well alight and allowed to burn out while fire crews damped down nearby sheds to prevent it spreading.
Firefighters remained at the scene several hours later as they continued to damp down the scene.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Diss Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.