Nine fire crews tackle major blaze at chicken shed
- Credit: Archant
A major blaze that engulfed a chicken shed was fought by nine fire crews from both Norfolk and Suffolk.
Emergency services were called to Finningham Road, at Botesdale, near Diss, at 3,30pm on Wednesday, July 3, after reports of that a large metal frame structure was on fire.
No livestock was in the building measuring 20m by 80m, which had been used as a chicken shed, as flames engulfed it.
Fire crews from from Stradbroke, Eye, Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Elmswell, Ixworth, and Newmarket, were joined by Norfolk firefighters from Diss and Thetford to tackle the blaze.
The building, whose roof collapsed, was well alight and allowed to burn out while fire crews damped down nearby sheds to prevent it spreading.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters remained at the scene several hours later as they continued to damp down the scene.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021