No arrests over fire at housing complex cannabis factory
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are continuing into the circumstances surrounding a fire at residential development in Diss that contained a cannabis factory.
Police have launched a probe into who may have been growing cannabis at a block of properties in Cuthberts Maltings, off Victoria Road.
The blaze, attended by fire crews from Diss, Earlham, Harleston and Long Stratton, broke out at shortly after 11.20pm on October 18.
Neighbouring residents described how one occupant from the property was injured. A man was taken to hospital with injuries.
Jacqui Walker, who lives on Cuthbert Maltings, said: 'The chap was in so much pain, it was really hard to watch so much pain. We were doing everything we could, and brought blankets because he was shivering.'
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said investigations were continuing and it appeared there had been a cannabis factory on the property but no arrests have been made.
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 5 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 6 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 7 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success