No arrests over fire at housing complex cannabis factory
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are continuing into the circumstances surrounding a fire at residential development in Diss that contained a cannabis factory.
Police have launched a probe into who may have been growing cannabis at a block of properties in Cuthberts Maltings, off Victoria Road.
The blaze, attended by fire crews from Diss, Earlham, Harleston and Long Stratton, broke out at shortly after 11.20pm on October 18.
Neighbouring residents described how one occupant from the property was injured. A man was taken to hospital with injuries.
Jacqui Walker, who lives on Cuthbert Maltings, said: 'The chap was in so much pain, it was really hard to watch so much pain. We were doing everything we could, and brought blankets because he was shivering.'
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said investigations were continuing and it appeared there had been a cannabis factory on the property but no arrests have been made.
- 1 Care home's visitor pod helps residents stay connected with loved ones
- 2 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 3 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 4 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 7 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 8 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 9 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 10 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers