No arrests over fire at housing complex cannabis factory
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are continuing into the circumstances surrounding a fire at residential development in Diss that contained a cannabis factory.
Police have launched a probe into who may have been growing cannabis at a block of properties in Cuthberts Maltings, off Victoria Road.
The blaze, attended by fire crews from Diss, Earlham, Harleston and Long Stratton, broke out at shortly after 11.20pm on October 18.
Neighbouring residents described how one occupant from the property was injured. A man was taken to hospital with injuries.
Jacqui Walker, who lives on Cuthbert Maltings, said: 'The chap was in so much pain, it was really hard to watch so much pain. We were doing everything we could, and brought blankets because he was shivering.'
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said investigations were continuing and it appeared there had been a cannabis factory on the property but no arrests have been made.
- 1 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 4 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 5 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 6 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 7 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 8 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 10 Norfolk schools turn to Essex to find governors