Public urged to remain vigilant after man’s arrest
- Credit: Archant
Residents in south Norfolk are being warned to remain vigilant after a man was arrested on suspicion of the theft of a vehicle.
Officers patrolling in Diss last night came across a man acting suspiciously on Long Meadow Drive.
He was crouched behind a vehicle and upon questioning they found he was with a red Vauxhall van which was displaying false registration plates.
Both the man and the vehicle were searched and cutting equipment suspected of being used to remove catalytic converters from vehicles was found.
Following the recent theft of a catalytic converter from nearby Scole, the man was arrested on suspicion of going equipped to steal and theft of a motor vehicle and taken to Wymondham police investigation centre.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect's vehicle was also seized.
Local policing inspector for South Norfolk Insp Jason Selvarajah said: 'We ask the public to remain vigilant and always report suspicious activity.'
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk