Public urged to remain vigilant after man’s arrest
- Credit: Archant
Residents in south Norfolk are being warned to remain vigilant after a man was arrested on suspicion of the theft of a vehicle.
Officers patrolling in Diss last night came across a man acting suspiciously on Long Meadow Drive.
He was crouched behind a vehicle and upon questioning they found he was with a red Vauxhall van which was displaying false registration plates.
Both the man and the vehicle were searched and cutting equipment suspected of being used to remove catalytic converters from vehicles was found.
Following the recent theft of a catalytic converter from nearby Scole, the man was arrested on suspicion of going equipped to steal and theft of a motor vehicle and taken to Wymondham police investigation centre.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect's vehicle was also seized.
Local policing inspector for South Norfolk Insp Jason Selvarajah said: 'We ask the public to remain vigilant and always report suspicious activity.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 4 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 6 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 7 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning