Public urged to remain vigilant after man’s arrest
- Credit: Archant
Residents in south Norfolk are being warned to remain vigilant after a man was arrested on suspicion of the theft of a vehicle.
Officers patrolling in Diss last night came across a man acting suspiciously on Long Meadow Drive.
He was crouched behind a vehicle and upon questioning they found he was with a red Vauxhall van which was displaying false registration plates.
Both the man and the vehicle were searched and cutting equipment suspected of being used to remove catalytic converters from vehicles was found.
Following the recent theft of a catalytic converter from nearby Scole, the man was arrested on suspicion of going equipped to steal and theft of a motor vehicle and taken to Wymondham police investigation centre.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect's vehicle was also seized.
Local policing inspector for South Norfolk Insp Jason Selvarajah said: 'We ask the public to remain vigilant and always report suspicious activity.'
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 7 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days