Slimmer sets sights on mountain climb after losing over five stone
- Credit: Archant
A woman is celebrating Easter a little differently this year after losing more than five stone
Karen Oastler, from Tivetshall, has been on a life-changing journey since joining Slimming World and has scooped the award for most weight lost in her group.
She said: 'I feel like a new woman since losing weight and, in fact, I look so different that people who I haven't seen for a while often can't believe I'm the same person.
'For me though it is the change inside that has been the greatest.
'I'm happier, healthier and much more confidence now.'
You may also want to watch:
The 49-year-old added her most embarrassing moment happened ten years ago when she became wedged in a turnstile at Watford football ground.
'Fortunately I just managed to push and squeeze myself through before they called the fire brigade to rescue me.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 10 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
Karen initially joined the Long Stratton Slimming World group in July 2016 and says it took a lot of courage to get out of the car and walk through the doors for the first time.
She followed the food optimising eating plan and has so far lost five stone and four pounds, dropping from a size 28 to an 18 along the way.
This year she is determined to reach her target and is also using exercise to reach her target weight.
Bev Hansey who runs the Long Stratton Slimming World group said: 'Karen is an amazing role model for anyone wanting to lose weight by forming new lifestyle habits and becoming healthier and happier.'
Karen added: 'People think slimming means going hungry, eating nothing but salad or obsessively counting every calorie you eat.
'It's not like that at all with Slimming World - I love food and it has never once felt like I was on a diet.'
This year Karen also got on a bike for the first time in 30 years and currently training for the 25-mile Diss Cyclathon in June and the 42-mile Wiggle Suffolk Spinner Sportive.
Her next goal is to climb Snowdon, Wales' highest mountain.
The Long Stratton group meets on Tuesdays at the High School. To join call Bev on 07912 849995 or just go along.