Bridge repairs set to close popular short cut for motorists
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Motorists are set to face disruption when bridge repairs close a road that is a popular short cut to and from a Norfolk town.
Maintanance work on the bridge over the River Waveney, which marks the border between Norfolk and Suffolk, will see the B1077 at Stuston closed from June 10 to July 12.
The road, which passes Diss Golf Club, is a busy thoroughfare for traffic heading between Diss and the A143 without having to use the A140.
The work by Suffolk County Council will sees the removal and re-applying a new waterproofing system on the bridge deck, resurfacing of the carriageway, laying new kerbs and refurbishment of the metal railings on the side of the bridge.
The project will be working around a high pressured gas main and part of the road closure period is to allow for potential work by gas supply company Cadent.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions will be in operation during the road closure but access to pedestrians and cyclists will be maintained.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village