Bridge repairs set to close popular short cut for motorists
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Motorists are set to face disruption when bridge repairs close a road that is a popular short cut to and from a Norfolk town.
Maintanance work on the bridge over the River Waveney, which marks the border between Norfolk and Suffolk, will see the B1077 at Stuston closed from June 10 to July 12.
The road, which passes Diss Golf Club, is a busy thoroughfare for traffic heading between Diss and the A143 without having to use the A140.
The work by Suffolk County Council will sees the removal and re-applying a new waterproofing system on the bridge deck, resurfacing of the carriageway, laying new kerbs and refurbishment of the metal railings on the side of the bridge.
The project will be working around a high pressured gas main and part of the road closure period is to allow for potential work by gas supply company Cadent.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions will be in operation during the road closure but access to pedestrians and cyclists will be maintained.
- 1 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 2 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 3 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 4 16th century village house with potential to develop is for sale for £575,000
- 5 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 6 Care home's visitor pod helps residents stay connected with loved ones
- 7 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 8 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 9 How will Christmas grottos, nativities and carol singing go ahead?
- 10 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch