Bridge repairs set to close popular short cut for motorists
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Motorists are set to face disruption when bridge repairs close a road that is a popular short cut to and from a Norfolk town.
Maintanance work on the bridge over the River Waveney, which marks the border between Norfolk and Suffolk, will see the B1077 at Stuston closed from June 10 to July 12.
The road, which passes Diss Golf Club, is a busy thoroughfare for traffic heading between Diss and the A143 without having to use the A140.
The work by Suffolk County Council will sees the removal and re-applying a new waterproofing system on the bridge deck, resurfacing of the carriageway, laying new kerbs and refurbishment of the metal railings on the side of the bridge.
The project will be working around a high pressured gas main and part of the road closure period is to allow for potential work by gas supply company Cadent.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions will be in operation during the road closure but access to pedestrians and cyclists will be maintained.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 8 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations