Bridge repairs set to close popular short cut for motorists
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Motorists are set to face disruption when bridge repairs close a road that is a popular short cut to and from a Norfolk town.
Maintanance work on the bridge over the River Waveney, which marks the border between Norfolk and Suffolk, will see the B1077 at Stuston closed from June 10 to July 12.
The road, which passes Diss Golf Club, is a busy thoroughfare for traffic heading between Diss and the A143 without having to use the A140.
The work by Suffolk County Council will sees the removal and re-applying a new waterproofing system on the bridge deck, resurfacing of the carriageway, laying new kerbs and refurbishment of the metal railings on the side of the bridge.
The project will be working around a high pressured gas main and part of the road closure period is to allow for potential work by gas supply company Cadent.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions will be in operation during the road closure but access to pedestrians and cyclists will be maintained.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk