Number plate cameras go live at Diss station car park
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Cameras that automatically register number plates are now operating at Diss rail station as part of car park improvements.
Vehicles entering and leaving the car park are now being registered with Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) allowing automatic payment for customers who have pre-registered their car and payment details online.
Car park users can still also pay online, using Dash or text, by phone, or at the pay machines.
Greater Anglia says the new system makes it easier for customers increasing the variety of payment options available, and will also help to improve security.
Simone Bailey, Greater Anglia asset management director, said: 'We know customers who drive to stations want to be able to park as quickly and easily as possible, which is why we're committed to improving parking across the Greater Anglia network, making life a little easier for our customers.'
You may also want to watch:
Blue badge holders will continue to park for free provided they register with NCP either online or phone within 24 hours of leaving the car park.
The upgrade is part of Greater Anglia's wider plans to improve station car parking, investing £25 million in creating over 1,700 extra car parking spaces across the network over the next seven years.
- 1 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 2 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 3 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
- 9 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 10 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer