Neighbours object to water firm longer operating hours
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Residents living near a water treatment works are objecting to a bid to extend its hours of operation.
Monarch Water, based on Fair Green in Diss, is seeking permission from South Norfolk Council to expand its opening hours from 6am to 8pm Monday to Friday.
The firm, which currently operates from 8am to 5pm, says the change is needed because of the success of the business and will create three extra jobs.
The plans have drawn a number of objections from neighbours who say it would increase traffic and disruption.
Jo Hincks, of Fair Green, states: "Fair Green is conservation area not an industrial estate. Such excessive extension of opening hours would have a negative impact on this unique area."
You may also want to watch:
Roger Shepherd, of Denmark Lane, said: "Some lorries already pass our door before 8am so they can wait for the site gates to be unlocked."
However Fair Green Neighbourhood Association said it was not opposing the plans after being reassured there would be no traffic movement during the extended hours.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 4 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 5 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 10 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'