Ofsted praise for school pupils
Students at one of Norfolk's biggest schools have been praised for their outstanding behaviour and their “exceptional contribution to community cohesion.
Students at one of Norfolk's biggest schools have been praised for their outstanding behaviour and their “exceptional contribution to community cohesion.”
Inspectors visited Diss High School earlier this month and have just published their findings, judging it a good school with outstanding features.
Ofsted said: “Diss High School is a good school. Excellent relationships between students and their teachers, coupled with an exceptional level of care and support, promote their personal development and well-being, which is outstanding and creates a positive, friendly environment in which to learn.”
Inspectors said the school's 1200 students were benefiting from good teaching and said their personal development and well-being was “exceptional”.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Dr Jan Hunt said: “I took up post at Diss High School at the beginning of the summer term and I was immediately struck by the wonderful behaviour and attitudes of our students. Their enthusiasm lies at the heart of the school and I am delighted that Ofsted has recognised their enjoyment of school and the efforts that our school makes to ensure our students develop into active, mature citizens.
“We have an extremely dedicated team of staff and governors at the school who, with the support of parents, are committed to making sure we maintain high standards.”
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 6 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk