Ofsted 'satisfactory' for Long Stratton school
LONG Stratton High School has been awarded a satisfactory grade by Ofsted following an inspection last month.The official report claims that although teaching at the school is sometimes good and occasionally outstanding, the majority is only satisfactory.
LONG Stratton High School has been awarded a satisfactory grade by Ofsted following an inspection last month.
The official report claims that although teaching at the school is sometimes good and occasionally outstanding, the majority is only satisfactory.
'Many lessons have long periods dominated by teacher talk, with too few opportunities for students to think for themselves or discuss ideas with their neighbours,' it says.
The report also criticises the school's schemes for promoting disability, race and gender equality, which is says 'do not meet statutory requirements'.
You may also want to watch:
Despite this, inspectors also praised the quality of care, guidance and support given to pupils, and said that satisfactory progress had been made since the last Ofsted visit.
Inspectors visited 36 lessons on their two-day visit, as well as interviewing parents, staff and pupils.
- 1 13 fire crews battle blaze at 'beautiful thatched house'
- 2 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 3 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 4 Severe damage caused to thatched cottage after blaze
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 7 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Spotlight on South Norfolk
- 8 Cash For Charites: Last call to apply for £20,000
- 9 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 10 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
The specialist mathematics and computing school currently has 650 students registered on its books and is part of a consortium of three schools and two colleges planning to offer diploma courses from next year.
The school was last inspected in 2007, when it also received a satisfactory grade.