Ofsted 'satisfactory' for Long Stratton school
LONG Stratton High School has been awarded a satisfactory grade by Ofsted following an inspection last month.The official report claims that although teaching at the school is sometimes good and occasionally outstanding, the majority is only satisfactory.
LONG Stratton High School has been awarded a satisfactory grade by Ofsted following an inspection last month.
The official report claims that although teaching at the school is sometimes good and occasionally outstanding, the majority is only satisfactory.
'Many lessons have long periods dominated by teacher talk, with too few opportunities for students to think for themselves or discuss ideas with their neighbours,' it says.
The report also criticises the school's schemes for promoting disability, race and gender equality, which is says 'do not meet statutory requirements'.
Despite this, inspectors also praised the quality of care, guidance and support given to pupils, and said that satisfactory progress had been made since the last Ofsted visit.
Inspectors visited 36 lessons on their two-day visit, as well as interviewing parents, staff and pupils.
- 1 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 5 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 6 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 7 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 8 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 9 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
The specialist mathematics and computing school currently has 650 students registered on its books and is part of a consortium of three schools and two colleges planning to offer diploma courses from next year.
The school was last inspected in 2007, when it also received a satisfactory grade.