Olive’s head shave to raise money for charity Big C
- Credit: Olive Pestell
A great grandmother will be getting her head shaved when she participates in a Second World War re-enactment event at Sheringham.
Olive Pestell, 70, of Rash's Crescent, Wortham will be raising money for the cancer charity Big C when she participates in the head shave at the North Norfolk Poppy Line on September 21.
She will join other re-enactment enthusiasts dressed in uniform or 1940s dress for the annual weekend and will play the role of a French woman suspected of collaborating with the Nazis, who is forced to have her head shaved, which was the fate that befell women suspected of collaborating in 1940s France.
She said: 'I have been to a few 1940s re-enactments and I like it so much, it is like stepping back in time and with all the entertainment, it is fantastic.'
She added she chose Big C because an acquaintance had suffered from cancer.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to her appeal, visit www.justgiving.com/Olivepestellheadshave.
- 1 13 fire crews battle blaze at 'beautiful thatched house'
- 2 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 3 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 4 Severe damage caused to thatched cottage after blaze
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 7 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Spotlight on South Norfolk
- 8 Cash For Charites: Last call to apply for £20,000
- 9 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months