Olive’s head shave to raise money for charity Big C
- Credit: Olive Pestell
A great grandmother will be getting her head shaved when she participates in a Second World War re-enactment event at Sheringham.
Olive Pestell, 70, of Rash's Crescent, Wortham will be raising money for the cancer charity Big C when she participates in the head shave at the North Norfolk Poppy Line on September 21.
She will join other re-enactment enthusiasts dressed in uniform or 1940s dress for the annual weekend and will play the role of a French woman suspected of collaborating with the Nazis, who is forced to have her head shaved, which was the fate that befell women suspected of collaborating in 1940s France.
She said: 'I have been to a few 1940s re-enactments and I like it so much, it is like stepping back in time and with all the entertainment, it is fantastic.'
She added she chose Big C because an acquaintance had suffered from cancer.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to her appeal, visit www.justgiving.com/Olivepestellheadshave.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 3 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 6 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants