Olive’s head shave to raise money for charity Big C
- Credit: Olive Pestell
A great grandmother will be getting her head shaved when she participates in a Second World War re-enactment event at Sheringham.
Olive Pestell, 70, of Rash's Crescent, Wortham will be raising money for the cancer charity Big C when she participates in the head shave at the North Norfolk Poppy Line on September 21.
She will join other re-enactment enthusiasts dressed in uniform or 1940s dress for the annual weekend and will play the role of a French woman suspected of collaborating with the Nazis, who is forced to have her head shaved, which was the fate that befell women suspected of collaborating in 1940s France.
She said: 'I have been to a few 1940s re-enactments and I like it so much, it is like stepping back in time and with all the entertainment, it is fantastic.'
She added she chose Big C because an acquaintance had suffered from cancer.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to her appeal, visit www.justgiving.com/Olivepestellheadshave.
- 1 A1066 clear following earlier breakdown
- 2 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 3 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 4 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 5 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 6 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 9 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 10 16th century village house with potential to develop is for sale for £575,000