Olive’s head shave to raise money for charity Big C
- Credit: Olive Pestell
A great grandmother will be getting her head shaved when she participates in a Second World War re-enactment event at Sheringham.
Olive Pestell, 70, of Rash's Crescent, Wortham will be raising money for the cancer charity Big C when she participates in the head shave at the North Norfolk Poppy Line on September 21.
She will join other re-enactment enthusiasts dressed in uniform or 1940s dress for the annual weekend and will play the role of a French woman suspected of collaborating with the Nazis, who is forced to have her head shaved, which was the fate that befell women suspected of collaborating in 1940s France.
She said: 'I have been to a few 1940s re-enactments and I like it so much, it is like stepping back in time and with all the entertainment, it is fantastic.'
She added she chose Big C because an acquaintance had suffered from cancer.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to her appeal, visit www.justgiving.com/Olivepestellheadshave.
- 1 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 7 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 8 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 9 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 10 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze