Olive’s head shave to raise money for charity Big C
- Credit: Olive Pestell
A great grandmother will be getting her head shaved when she participates in a Second World War re-enactment event at Sheringham.
Olive Pestell, 70, of Rash's Crescent, Wortham will be raising money for the cancer charity Big C when she participates in the head shave at the North Norfolk Poppy Line on September 21.
She will join other re-enactment enthusiasts dressed in uniform or 1940s dress for the annual weekend and will play the role of a French woman suspected of collaborating with the Nazis, who is forced to have her head shaved, which was the fate that befell women suspected of collaborating in 1940s France.
She said: 'I have been to a few 1940s re-enactments and I like it so much, it is like stepping back in time and with all the entertainment, it is fantastic.'
She added she chose Big C because an acquaintance had suffered from cancer.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to her appeal, visit www.justgiving.com/Olivepestellheadshave.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 4 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van