Search

Man due to be sentenced for banned weapon has his case adjourned

PUBLISHED: 13:30 15 November 2019 | UPDATED: 13:30 15 November 2019

Norwich Crown Court. PICTURE: Jamie Honeywood

Norwich Crown Court. PICTURE: Jamie Honeywood

Jamie Honeywood Archant Norwich Norfolk

A man due to be sentenced for possession of a banned weapon has had his case adjourned so the court can find out more about him.

Paul Berryman, 56, of Ipswich Road, Dickleburgh, admitted possessing a prohibited firearm and was due to be sentenced at Norwich Crown Court on Friday.

You may also want to watch:

However his case was adjourned for further reports after his barrister Jonathan Goodman told the court that he was currently being assessed by the veteran's charity Combat Stress and had been diagnosed as suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.

Martin Ivory, prosecuting, agreed for the adjournment and said: "Quite plainly it is important we have as much information as possible."

Judge Andrew Shaw adjourned the case until December 16.

Berryman was arrested after police went to a house in Dickleburgh in November last year and seized the prohibited weapon.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Diss Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Diss Mercury