Pensioners' group for Wymondham
A new group for pensioners is planned at Wymondham. The initiative is spearheaded by Edith Pocock, 84, the secretary of Norfolk and Norwich Pensioners Association.
A new group for pensioners is planned at Wymondham.
The initiative is spearheaded by Edith Pocock, 84, the secretary of Norfolk and Norwich Pensioners Association. A tireless campaigner for the elderly, she was made an MBE in recognition of her work.
'I have lived in Wymondham for seven years and generally I think there's very little here for old people,' she said.
'There are three of us in the association who are hoping to get it off the ground and do something for the elderly that would help them. The group would have to get their views and see what they want they want. There are too many people around who talk down to pensioners, and we should listen to what they would like.
You may also want to watch:
'We are hoping to get people who interested who will want to run the group if it's just having a cup of tea together, or going on cinema outings.'
Mrs Pocock added that the group would have to be self-funding.
- 1 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
Those wishing to be involved, or find out more, are invited to attend a meeting at 2pm on Wednesday February 18, at the Rothbury Road Community Centre in Wymondham.