Pensioners' group for Wymondham
A new group for pensioners is planned at Wymondham. The initiative is spearheaded by Edith Pocock, 84, the secretary of Norfolk and Norwich Pensioners Association.
A new group for pensioners is planned at Wymondham.
The initiative is spearheaded by Edith Pocock, 84, the secretary of Norfolk and Norwich Pensioners Association. A tireless campaigner for the elderly, she was made an MBE in recognition of her work.
'I have lived in Wymondham for seven years and generally I think there's very little here for old people,' she said.
'There are three of us in the association who are hoping to get it off the ground and do something for the elderly that would help them. The group would have to get their views and see what they want they want. There are too many people around who talk down to pensioners, and we should listen to what they would like.
You may also want to watch:
'We are hoping to get people who interested who will want to run the group if it's just having a cup of tea together, or going on cinema outings.'
Mrs Pocock added that the group would have to be self-funding.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
Those wishing to be involved, or find out more, are invited to attend a meeting at 2pm on Wednesday February 18, at the Rothbury Road Community Centre in Wymondham.