Photo gallery: Dahl-ightful day for dressing-up pupils in Harleston
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A south Norfolk high school was taken over by Oompa Loompas, Matilda and even Willy Wonka himself during a Dahlicious dress-up day.
Pupils in year seven at Archbishop Sancroft High School in Harleston swapped their school uniform for fun costumes as they dressed up as characters from Roald Dahl's books on Thursday.
The day was organised by English teachers Kate Roe and Hannah Doherty. Kate Nichols, link officer at the school, said: 'Tye Caldwell dressed as Willy Wonka and Amy Baldry was an Oompa Loompa and they looked very good.
'The atmosphere in the school has been brilliant.
'People have been singing in the corridors.
You may also want to watch:
'We did it last year for the first time and it was such a success we decided to hold it again.'
Children who took part paid £1 towards Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity which helps buy equipment for ill and disabled children.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 7 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk