Photo gallery: Dahl-ightful day for dressing-up pupils in Harleston
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A south Norfolk high school was taken over by Oompa Loompas, Matilda and even Willy Wonka himself during a Dahlicious dress-up day.
Pupils in year seven at Archbishop Sancroft High School in Harleston swapped their school uniform for fun costumes as they dressed up as characters from Roald Dahl's books on Thursday.
The day was organised by English teachers Kate Roe and Hannah Doherty. Kate Nichols, link officer at the school, said: 'Tye Caldwell dressed as Willy Wonka and Amy Baldry was an Oompa Loompa and they looked very good.
'The atmosphere in the school has been brilliant.
'People have been singing in the corridors.
You may also want to watch:
'We did it last year for the first time and it was such a success we decided to hold it again.'
Children who took part paid £1 towards Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity which helps buy equipment for ill and disabled children.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140