Photo gallery: Dahl-ightful day for dressing-up pupils in Harleston
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A south Norfolk high school was taken over by Oompa Loompas, Matilda and even Willy Wonka himself during a Dahlicious dress-up day.
Pupils in year seven at Archbishop Sancroft High School in Harleston swapped their school uniform for fun costumes as they dressed up as characters from Roald Dahl's books on Thursday.
The day was organised by English teachers Kate Roe and Hannah Doherty. Kate Nichols, link officer at the school, said: 'Tye Caldwell dressed as Willy Wonka and Amy Baldry was an Oompa Loompa and they looked very good.
'The atmosphere in the school has been brilliant.
'People have been singing in the corridors.
You may also want to watch:
'We did it last year for the first time and it was such a success we decided to hold it again.'
Children who took part paid £1 towards Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity which helps buy equipment for ill and disabled children.
- 1 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 2 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 3 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 10 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help