Village playground trashed twice in one week
- Credit: Archant
A community has reacted with disgust after a children's play area was vandalised for the second time in a week.
The bin was pulled off the fence, the roundabout seat broken, the children's house kicked, the bench pulled up, and fence posts were kicked out at the Manor Road play area in Long Stratton last night.
Town parish clerk Becky Buck said it comes after 'extensive' vandalism to the children's house on February 14. She said: 'If you know who is responsible please call 101 as I have reported the matter to the police and CCTV will be viewed.
'A few small-minded people are destroying facilities for children and your precept is being wasted in repairs. Remain vigilant.'
Parents took to social media to condemn the vandalism, which comes during the February half-term school holidays.
You may also want to watch:
Joanna Toll said: 'Our small children that love to have a play after school now can't because of these small-minded people.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021