Police hunt gunman who fired paintballs at traffic
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A paintball sniper who targeted passing traffic on the main road through Diss is being hunted by police.
Motorists on Victoria Road found themselves coming under attack on Saturday night from someone firing a paintball gun at cars.
At least four cars were hit as they drove close to the Tesco roundabout and police believe others may also have been targeted by the sniper.
PC Jim Squires, of South Norfolk police, said: 'Following reports from four motorists we launched a search of the area around the Tesco roundabout. We were unable to find the person responsible but we did find paintballs in an alleyway.
'There was no permanent damage caused to the cars but this could have caused an accident and posed a risk to people and we would like to trace the person responsible.
You may also want to watch:
'They may also have been committing firearms offences depending on the type of weapon that was being used.'
Handling a paint gun in public is an offence under s.19 of the Firearms Act and more serious than those involved may realise, he added.
- 1 16th century village house with potential to develop is for sale for £575,000
- 2 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 3 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 4 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 9 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 10 A1066 clear following earlier breakdown
Police are appealing for information and for anyone else who suffered damage to their car to contact them. Anyone with information should call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.