Police name 76-year-old crash victim
Matthew SparkesPolice have named a 76-year-old woman who was killed in a car crash in Garboldisham on Monday afternoon.The victim has been identified as Isabel Birchall from South Lopham, Diss.Matthew Sparkes
Police have named a 76-year-old woman who was killed in a car crash in Garboldisham on Monday afternoon.
The victim has been identified as Isabel Birchall from South Lopham, Diss.
Mrs Birchall's family said: 'Isabel was a much loved wife, mother and grandmother and will be sorely missed.'
Three cars were involved in the accident at 3pm on Diss Road in Garboldisham, about 650 metres from the junction of Harrow Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Birchall's red Volvo collided head-on with a grey Peugeot 307 estate.
A red Ford Transit van was also damaged after swerving to avoid them.
- 1 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 2 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 3 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 4 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 5 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 6 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 A1066 clear following earlier breakdown
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
Fire crews from East Harling and Thetford arrived on the scene to free a man and a woman who were trapped in the wreckage.
The male driver of the Peugeot suffered chest injuries and a female passenger in the vehicle suffered an arm injury.
Both were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 0845 456 4567.