Police on wacky car trip to Barcelona
FOUR Attleborough policemen are taking on a wacky car trip to Barcelona in a special Hot Fuzz 4 Kidz car - raising money for two local causes.Sgt Mark Glister, PC Martin Fallon, PC Pete Warby and PCSO Gary Szabo want to support Quidenham Children's Hospice part of East Anglia's Children's Hospices and Chapel Road School in Attleborough and already have more than �3,000 in pledges from local businesses and residents.
FOUR Attleborough policemen are taking on a wacky car trip to Barcelona in a special Hot Fuzz 4 Kidz car - raising money for two local causes.
Sgt Mark Glister, PC Martin Fallon, PC Pete Warby and PCSO Gary Szabo want to support Quidenham Children's Hospice part of East Anglia's Children's Hospices and Chapel Road School in Attleborough and already have more than �3,000 in pledges from local businesses and residents.
The team bought the car out of their own money (�250) and will fly back from Barcelona as the car will finish its journey in Spain.
So far over 40 businesses in the Attleborough and Snetterton area have made pledges to sponsor the event and company names will be advertised on the vehicle.
The route that the team will take next month is from Attleborough - Lille (France) - Belgium - Luxembourg - Germany - Switzerland - Italy - South France and finally ending up in Barcelona (Spain).
Robert Kemp Cars (Attleborough) is making sure the car is roadworthy and has secured a redundant set of old blue lights - given by Norfolk Constabulary - to the vehicle.
- 1 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 5 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 6 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 9 Recipe: Make our Cherries Jubilee cake
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
To back up their efforts, PC Les Maguire will also be cycling 350-400miles from Holyhead in Wales to Attleborough in four days and handing the baton over to the rally team. All officers have worked in Attleborough and know the community and area well.
Sgt Mark Glister said: 'I would like to say a massive thank you to all the local businesses in the area for their generosity they have shown in supporting us.
'The Hot Fuzz team wanted to give something back to the community so hopefully by raising all these funds, we can put a few smiles on the children's faces.
If you would like to donate any money to the road trip contact Sgt Mark Glister on 0845 456 4567 or visit the Public Enquiry Office at Attleborough Police Station between 9am-4pm. The team is also looking for a business, person or family to fund the petrol for the trip.