Police chase burglary suspect through Diss
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Shoppers in a market town were startled yesterday lunchtime as sirens sounded and police gave chase to a suspect.
Four police cars were called in to find a man suspected of stealing wheels from a garage in Suffolk.
A police officer who had spotted the suspect on St Peter's Road in Diss alerted his colleagues to assist him.
The suspect abandoned his vehicle and made off on foot while the officer chased him.
South Norfolk police are working closely with Suffolk police to find the man who is wanted for burglary.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is known to South Norfolk police officers who believe he is living in Diss.
Inspector John Colbert said: ' We work in conjuction with other forces to trace wanted people.
- 1 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
- 7 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 8 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 9 'We have a masterplan' - effort to vaccinate housebound patients intensifies
- 10 Lidl suffers £25m losses after expansion
'We need to ensure that they are brought to justice for outstanding crimes.'
The suspect has been described as white, in his late 20s, and of a slim build with short dark hair and a beard.
Members of the public who have any information should ring 101.