Police chase burglary suspect through Diss
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Shoppers in a market town were startled yesterday lunchtime as sirens sounded and police gave chase to a suspect.
Four police cars were called in to find a man suspected of stealing wheels from a garage in Suffolk.
A police officer who had spotted the suspect on St Peter's Road in Diss alerted his colleagues to assist him.
The suspect abandoned his vehicle and made off on foot while the officer chased him.
South Norfolk police are working closely with Suffolk police to find the man who is wanted for burglary.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is known to South Norfolk police officers who believe he is living in Diss.
Inspector John Colbert said: ' We work in conjuction with other forces to trace wanted people.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 8 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 9 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 10 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
'We need to ensure that they are brought to justice for outstanding crimes.'
The suspect has been described as white, in his late 20s, and of a slim build with short dark hair and a beard.
Members of the public who have any information should ring 101.