Power cuts in Diss
Hundreds of homes and businesses in the Diss area have this afternoon been affected by power cuts following a fault to an electricity substation.More than 500 customers experienced a loss of power.
Hundreds of homes and businesses in the Diss area have this afternoon been affected by power cuts following a fault to an electricity substation.
More than 500 customers experienced a loss of power from about 1.35pm today .
EDF Energy engineers have been working to resolve the fault, which affected the high voltage electricity network.
A spokeswoman said the majority of affected customers had their power restored at 2.50pm. An investigation has been launched into the cause of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway