Power cuts in Diss
Hundreds of homes and businesses in the Diss area have this afternoon been affected by power cuts following a fault to an electricity substation.More than 500 customers experienced a loss of power.
Hundreds of homes and businesses in the Diss area have this afternoon been affected by power cuts following a fault to an electricity substation.
More than 500 customers experienced a loss of power from about 1.35pm today .
EDF Energy engineers have been working to resolve the fault, which affected the high voltage electricity network.
A spokeswoman said the majority of affected customers had their power restored at 2.50pm. An investigation has been launched into the cause of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 2 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 7 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 10 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes