Power cuts in Diss
Hundreds of homes and businesses in the Diss area have this afternoon been affected by power cuts following a fault to an electricity substation.More than 500 customers experienced a loss of power.
Hundreds of homes and businesses in the Diss area have this afternoon been affected by power cuts following a fault to an electricity substation.
More than 500 customers experienced a loss of power from about 1.35pm today .
EDF Energy engineers have been working to resolve the fault, which affected the high voltage electricity network.
A spokeswoman said the majority of affected customers had their power restored at 2.50pm. An investigation has been launched into the cause of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages