Prizes up for grabs at regatta
Prizes will be offered for the most original design of raft at a regatta on the River Waveney later this month. Organisers, Mendham and Withersdale Community Council are holding the event on Saturday, July 26, from midday onwards, by the bridge at Mendham.
Prizes will be offered for the most original design of raft at a regatta on the River Waveney later this month.
Organisers, Mendham and Withersdale Community Council are holding the event on Saturday, July 26, from midday onwards, by the bridge at Mendham.
The afternoon will feature raft races on the Waveney, and competitors have been challenged to build their own raft from plastic, metal or rubber tubes lashed together on timber. No nails, screws or metal fixings are allowed.
Races will be divided into two age categories, 9-15 years and 16 years and over. A prize will be given for the fastest raft in each age group and to the most original design of raft.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile on the riverbank there will be wheelbarrow racing, wellyboot hurling, sack races, plank races, tug-of-war across the river, children's corner and many more activities.
Spokesman Val Lindsell said: “Pack your raft and your wellies in your wheelbarrow, bring a picnic or snack at the bar-b-q or refreshment tents on site, and join in the fun.”
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries