Prizes up for grabs at regatta
Prizes will be offered for the most original design of raft at a regatta on the River Waveney later this month. Organisers, Mendham and Withersdale Community Council are holding the event on Saturday, July 26, from midday onwards, by the bridge at Mendham.
Prizes will be offered for the most original design of raft at a regatta on the River Waveney later this month.
Organisers, Mendham and Withersdale Community Council are holding the event on Saturday, July 26, from midday onwards, by the bridge at Mendham.
The afternoon will feature raft races on the Waveney, and competitors have been challenged to build their own raft from plastic, metal or rubber tubes lashed together on timber. No nails, screws or metal fixings are allowed.
Races will be divided into two age categories, 9-15 years and 16 years and over. A prize will be given for the fastest raft in each age group and to the most original design of raft.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile on the riverbank there will be wheelbarrow racing, wellyboot hurling, sack races, plank races, tug-of-war across the river, children's corner and many more activities.
Spokesman Val Lindsell said: “Pack your raft and your wellies in your wheelbarrow, bring a picnic or snack at the bar-b-q or refreshment tents on site, and join in the fun.”
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days