No arrests over fire at industrial unit cannabis factory
- Credit: Suffolk Police
Investigations are continuing into the circumstances surrounding a fire at an industrial unit on the Norfolk/Suffolk border that contained a cannabis factory.
Police have launched a probe into who may have been growing cannabis at the commercial premises on Liberator Way on Brome Industrial Estate, near Eye.
The blaze, attended by seven fire crews from across south Norfolk and north Suffolk, broke out at about 1pm on November 21.
No one was injured in fire but police called to the scene discovered equipment including hydroponic grow lamps and a large quality of cannabis plants, with an estimated value of £60,000, inside the building that measures 50m by 80m.
A police spokesman said investigations were continuing into whole was behind the factory but that no arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is called to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference: 37/70477/19.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership