No arrests over fire at industrial unit cannabis factory
- Credit: Suffolk Police
Investigations are continuing into the circumstances surrounding a fire at an industrial unit on the Norfolk/Suffolk border that contained a cannabis factory.
Police have launched a probe into who may have been growing cannabis at the commercial premises on Liberator Way on Brome Industrial Estate, near Eye.
The blaze, attended by seven fire crews from across south Norfolk and north Suffolk, broke out at about 1pm on November 21.
No one was injured in fire but police called to the scene discovered equipment including hydroponic grow lamps and a large quality of cannabis plants, with an estimated value of £60,000, inside the building that measures 50m by 80m.
A police spokesman said investigations were continuing into whole was behind the factory but that no arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is called to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference: 37/70477/19.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"