No arrests over fire at industrial unit cannabis factory
- Credit: Suffolk Police
Investigations are continuing into the circumstances surrounding a fire at an industrial unit on the Norfolk/Suffolk border that contained a cannabis factory.
Police have launched a probe into who may have been growing cannabis at the commercial premises on Liberator Way on Brome Industrial Estate, near Eye.
The blaze, attended by seven fire crews from across south Norfolk and north Suffolk, broke out at about 1pm on November 21.
No one was injured in fire but police called to the scene discovered equipment including hydroponic grow lamps and a large quality of cannabis plants, with an estimated value of £60,000, inside the building that measures 50m by 80m.
A police spokesman said investigations were continuing into whole was behind the factory but that no arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is called to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference: 37/70477/19.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 3 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 4 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 8 Still time to have your say on town's future as bypass plans go in
- 9 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 10 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage