No arrests over fire at industrial unit cannabis factory
- Credit: Suffolk Police
Investigations are continuing into the circumstances surrounding a fire at an industrial unit on the Norfolk/Suffolk border that contained a cannabis factory.
Police have launched a probe into who may have been growing cannabis at the commercial premises on Liberator Way on Brome Industrial Estate, near Eye.
The blaze, attended by seven fire crews from across south Norfolk and north Suffolk, broke out at about 1pm on November 21.
No one was injured in fire but police called to the scene discovered equipment including hydroponic grow lamps and a large quality of cannabis plants, with an estimated value of £60,000, inside the building that measures 50m by 80m.
A police spokesman said investigations were continuing into whole was behind the factory but that no arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is called to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference: 37/70477/19.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 7 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 8 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland