Mobile phone driver with child on board has car seized
- Credit: Norfolk Police
An Audi driver has had their car seized after being stopped by police on the A140 and found to be using a mobile phone at the wheel.
The motorist was pulled over on the A140 near Pulham Market, south of Long Stratton, on Sunday afternoon (April 14) for having no insurance.
Officers discovered the motor insurance policy had been cancelled on January 17 due to non payment.
The driver, who had a child in the car at the time they were stopped, had also been spotted using a phone at wheel.
Meanwhile in a separate incident another driver had their car seized by police on patrol on Victoria Road in Diss.
You may also want to watch:
The Volvo was stopped at around noon on Sunday and the driver reported for driving with no insurance.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days