Pupils in Diss and Attleborough take part in BBC School Report
Schoolchildren across south Norfolk became television and radio reporters for the BBC School Report last week.
On Thursday, Year 9 students at Diss High School joined around 1000 schools across the UK to make the news for the day.
At Attleborough High School, the class of Year 7 English department students, and Years 8 and 9 students in Science and PE became journalists for the day.
A small group of Diss students worked alongside Louise Priest, from BBC Look East and Radio Norfolk to ensure they produced top quality news reports. This included a guided tour of the Look East / Radio Norfolk studios and the chance to watch Louise present the 3pm news live.
Some of the pupils also interviewed Paralympian Danny Nobbs.
You may also want to watch:
English teacher Suzanne Johnson said: 'The students have worked really hard this year, showing great dedication when researching, reading and editing their final news report I've been really impressed with their efforts.'
Attleborough High assistant headteacher Carmina McConnell added: 'We are involved in BBC School News Report for the third year because it provides such a wonderful opportunity for learning. Students work in teams to produce news reports to a deadline and they have to manage their time, carry out independent research, think critically and develop their communication skills. It gives them a wonderful insight into the world of news and the responsibilities of broadcasting to a global audience.'
- 1 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 2 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 6 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 7 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 8 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 9 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter