Racially aggravated vandalism forces barber shop to delay grand opening
- Credit: Archant
A new barber shop has been forced to delay its grand opening after its windows were smashed in what is believed to be a racially or religiously aggravated vandalism.
Three windows of First Class Traditional Turkish Barbers in Diss were smashed in the early hours of Tuesday, August 1.
Based in Navire House, Park Road, the new business was preparing to officially open to the public at the beginning of the month.
Police believe incident took place at around 4.20am and are investigating the crime as racially or religiously aggravated.
Unfortunately police do not have any CCTV footage of the crime taking place and are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information regarding the incident to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Constabulary by calling 101 and quoting the crime reference number 36/55644/17.
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants