Racially aggravated vandalism forces barber shop to delay grand opening
- Credit: Archant
A new barber shop has been forced to delay its grand opening after its windows were smashed in what is believed to be a racially or religiously aggravated vandalism.
Three windows of First Class Traditional Turkish Barbers in Diss were smashed in the early hours of Tuesday, August 1.
Based in Navire House, Park Road, the new business was preparing to officially open to the public at the beginning of the month.
Police believe incident took place at around 4.20am and are investigating the crime as racially or religiously aggravated.
Unfortunately police do not have any CCTV footage of the crime taking place and are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information regarding the incident to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Constabulary by calling 101 and quoting the crime reference number 36/55644/17.
- 1 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 2 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
- 7 'We have a masterplan' - effort to vaccinate housebound patients intensifies
- 8 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 9 How will Covid-19 vaccine change your life - and your finances?
- 10 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well