Racially aggravated vandalism forces barber shop to delay grand opening
- Credit: Archant
A new barber shop has been forced to delay its grand opening after its windows were smashed in what is believed to be a racially or religiously aggravated vandalism.
Three windows of First Class Traditional Turkish Barbers in Diss were smashed in the early hours of Tuesday, August 1.
Based in Navire House, Park Road, the new business was preparing to officially open to the public at the beginning of the month.
Police believe incident took place at around 4.20am and are investigating the crime as racially or religiously aggravated.
Unfortunately police do not have any CCTV footage of the crime taking place and are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information regarding the incident to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Constabulary by calling 101 and quoting the crime reference number 36/55644/17.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 9 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results