Rail death woman named
A woman who died after being struck by a passenger train at Attleborough railway station was today named as Margaret Doran .The 66-year-old, from Banham, near Attleborough, died as a result of being hit by the 9.
A woman who died after being struck by a passenger train at Attleborough railway station was today named as Margaret Doran .
The 66-year-old, from Banham, near Attleborough, died as a result of being hit by the 9.57am East Midlands Trains service from Norwich to Liverpool on Wednesday morning .
An inquest into her death is due to be opened in Norwich this afternoon.
An investigation was launched, but British Transport Police has confirmed that it is not treating the incident as suspicious.
The woman was believed to be standing on the westbound platform at Attleborough station prior to the collision.
- 1 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 2 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 3 Three Suffolk pubs join forces for Jubilee weekend beer festival
- 4 Diss mayor hopes to see town 'prosper' following re-election
- 5 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 8 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week