Ram raiders target Norfolk stores
Adam GrettonDetectives are investigating ram raids that took place at two south Norfolk shops in the early hours of Saturday morning .Officers are looking into the possibility that the break ins at the Co-operative food store in Harleston town centre and the McColls Store in Hempnall were committed by the same offenders.Adam Gretton
Detectives are investigating ram raids that took place at two south Norfolk shops in the early hours of Saturday morning .
Officers are looking into the possibility that the break ins at the Co-operative food store in Harleston town centre and the McColls Store in Hempnall were committed by the same offenders.
Norfolk Police received a call at about 2am on Saturday following reports of an alarm sounding at the shop in Market Place, Harleston.
The glass doors were smashed and extensive damage was caused to the front of the store as the burglars stole an unknown quantity of cigarettes and alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
A dark coloured 4x4, which is believed to have been used in the raid, was seen driving away from the crime scene at the time of the offence.
Two hours later, a delivery driver reported at 4.30am that the front doors of McColls in The Street, Hempnall, had been smashed by burglars. A quantity of alcohol and cigarettes were also taken.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said that there was a possibility that the two incidents were linked.
Scenes of crime investigators were at the Co-op in Harleston on Saturday and the store was closed whilst workmen made the shop front secure.
The McColls Store reopened on Saturday afternoon.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Norwich CID on 0845 456 4567.