Ram raiders target Norfolk stores
Adam GrettonDetectives are investigating ram raids that took place at two south Norfolk shops in the early hours of Saturday morning .Officers are looking into the possibility that the break ins at the Co-operative food store in Harleston town centre and the McColls Store in Hempnall were committed by the same offenders.Adam Gretton
Detectives are investigating ram raids that took place at two south Norfolk shops in the early hours of Saturday morning .
Officers are looking into the possibility that the break ins at the Co-operative food store in Harleston town centre and the McColls Store in Hempnall were committed by the same offenders.
Norfolk Police received a call at about 2am on Saturday following reports of an alarm sounding at the shop in Market Place, Harleston.
The glass doors were smashed and extensive damage was caused to the front of the store as the burglars stole an unknown quantity of cigarettes and alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
A dark coloured 4x4, which is believed to have been used in the raid, was seen driving away from the crime scene at the time of the offence.
Two hours later, a delivery driver reported at 4.30am that the front doors of McColls in The Street, Hempnall, had been smashed by burglars. A quantity of alcohol and cigarettes were also taken.
- 1 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 2 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 5 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 9 Report into Norfolk Christmas floods could take six months
- 10 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said that there was a possibility that the two incidents were linked.
Scenes of crime investigators were at the Co-op in Harleston on Saturday and the store was closed whilst workmen made the shop front secure.
The McColls Store reopened on Saturday afternoon.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Norwich CID on 0845 456 4567.