Ram raids police appeal
Detectives investigating weekend ram raids on two south Norfolk shops have issued a public appeal for information. Both burglaries took place in the early hours of Saturday and are being linked by police.
Detectives investigating weekend ram raids on two south Norfolk shops have issued a public appeal for information.
Both burglaries took place in the early hours of Saturday and are being linked by police.
The first happened at 2am at the Co-operative Foods store in Market Place, Harleston. The raiders used a vehicle to ram into the front of the building before entering the shop and stealing cigarettes and bottles of alcohol.
The second was at McColls store in The Street, Hempnall, between 3.43am and 4.38am. The thieves are believed to have arrived and left in a vehicle, and again broke in through the front of the shop to steal cigarettes and alcohol. It was the fourth break-in at the shop in the space of 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the two raids, urglaries, or has any information regarding the crimes, is asked to contact Det Con Debbie Johnston, of Thetford CID on 0845 456 4567, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 6 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 7 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 10 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave