Ram raids police appeal
Detectives investigating weekend ram raids on two south Norfolk shops have issued a public appeal for information. Both burglaries took place in the early hours of Saturday and are being linked by police.
Detectives investigating weekend ram raids on two south Norfolk shops have issued a public appeal for information.
Both burglaries took place in the early hours of Saturday and are being linked by police.
The first happened at 2am at the Co-operative Foods store in Market Place, Harleston. The raiders used a vehicle to ram into the front of the building before entering the shop and stealing cigarettes and bottles of alcohol.
The second was at McColls store in The Street, Hempnall, between 3.43am and 4.38am. The thieves are believed to have arrived and left in a vehicle, and again broke in through the front of the shop to steal cigarettes and alcohol. It was the fourth break-in at the shop in the space of 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the two raids, urglaries, or has any information regarding the crimes, is asked to contact Det Con Debbie Johnston, of Thetford CID on 0845 456 4567, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'