Residents' meeting after Fair Green sale
A neighbourhood meeting will take place tomorrow to discuss the recent purchase of Fair Green by an anonymous resident.Local residents are being urged to attend the meeting organised by the Fair Green Neighbourhood Association following the sale of the green space.
A neighbourhood meeting will take place tomorrow to discuss the recent purchase of Fair Green by an anonymous resident.
Local residents are being urged to attend the meeting organised by the Fair Green Neighbourhood Association following the sale of the green space.
As reported last week, an anonymous businessman has bought the historic four acre site and wants it to be managed by the residents' association for the benefit of townsfolk.
Tomorrow's meeting at 7.45pm behind the Angel Caf� will help to plan and decide how the management of Fair Green will work.
You may also want to watch:
Topics for discussion include the maintenance of the access roads that border the site and whether the north and south roads should be closed. The future management of the green and wild flower meadow and future events will also be discussed.
Previous owner, the Diss Parochial Charity, decided to put Fair Green on the market after Diss Town Council decided against renewing its lease under its existing terms. The town council said it was willing to maintain the green, but not take on the responsibility of the roads.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'