Residents' meeting after Fair Green sale
A neighbourhood meeting will take place tomorrow to discuss the recent purchase of Fair Green by an anonymous resident.Local residents are being urged to attend the meeting organised by the Fair Green Neighbourhood Association following the sale of the green space.
A neighbourhood meeting will take place tomorrow to discuss the recent purchase of Fair Green by an anonymous resident.
Local residents are being urged to attend the meeting organised by the Fair Green Neighbourhood Association following the sale of the green space.
As reported last week, an anonymous businessman has bought the historic four acre site and wants it to be managed by the residents' association for the benefit of townsfolk.
Tomorrow's meeting at 7.45pm behind the Angel Caf� will help to plan and decide how the management of Fair Green will work.
You may also want to watch:
Topics for discussion include the maintenance of the access roads that border the site and whether the north and south roads should be closed. The future management of the green and wild flower meadow and future events will also be discussed.
Previous owner, the Diss Parochial Charity, decided to put Fair Green on the market after Diss Town Council decided against renewing its lease under its existing terms. The town council said it was willing to maintain the green, but not take on the responsibility of the roads.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines