Residents' meeting after Fair Green sale
A neighbourhood meeting will take place tomorrow to discuss the recent purchase of Fair Green by an anonymous resident.Local residents are being urged to attend the meeting organised by the Fair Green Neighbourhood Association following the sale of the green space.
A neighbourhood meeting will take place tomorrow to discuss the recent purchase of Fair Green by an anonymous resident.
Local residents are being urged to attend the meeting organised by the Fair Green Neighbourhood Association following the sale of the green space.
As reported last week, an anonymous businessman has bought the historic four acre site and wants it to be managed by the residents' association for the benefit of townsfolk.
Tomorrow's meeting at 7.45pm behind the Angel Caf� will help to plan and decide how the management of Fair Green will work.
You may also want to watch:
Topics for discussion include the maintenance of the access roads that border the site and whether the north and south roads should be closed. The future management of the green and wild flower meadow and future events will also be discussed.
Previous owner, the Diss Parochial Charity, decided to put Fair Green on the market after Diss Town Council decided against renewing its lease under its existing terms. The town council said it was willing to maintain the green, but not take on the responsibility of the roads.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 3 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 7 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021