Residents' meeting after Fair Green sale
A neighbourhood meeting will take place tomorrow to discuss the recent purchase of Fair Green by an anonymous resident.Local residents are being urged to attend the meeting organised by the Fair Green Neighbourhood Association following the sale of the green space.
A neighbourhood meeting will take place tomorrow to discuss the recent purchase of Fair Green by an anonymous resident.
Local residents are being urged to attend the meeting organised by the Fair Green Neighbourhood Association following the sale of the green space.
As reported last week, an anonymous businessman has bought the historic four acre site and wants it to be managed by the residents' association for the benefit of townsfolk.
Tomorrow's meeting at 7.45pm behind the Angel Caf� will help to plan and decide how the management of Fair Green will work.
You may also want to watch:
Topics for discussion include the maintenance of the access roads that border the site and whether the north and south roads should be closed. The future management of the green and wild flower meadow and future events will also be discussed.
Previous owner, the Diss Parochial Charity, decided to put Fair Green on the market after Diss Town Council decided against renewing its lease under its existing terms. The town council said it was willing to maintain the green, but not take on the responsibility of the roads.
- 1 13 fire crews battle blaze at 'beautiful thatched house'
- 2 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 3 Severe damage caused to thatched cottage after blaze
- 4 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 7 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Spotlight on South Norfolk
- 8 Care home residents delighted by alpaca visit
- 9 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 10 Couple's search for Norwich home for natural wine shop and bar