Restoration revisited for Pennoyers
A regenerated former school will stage its official opening as a modern village centre - exactly four years after its last open day.And much has changed since the dilapidated Pennoyer's School in Pulham St Mary opened its doors as part of a BBC Restoration Roadshow in 2006.
A regenerated former school will stage its official opening as a modern village centre - exactly four years after its last open day.
And much has changed since the dilapidated Pennoyer's School in Pulham St Mary opened its doors as part of a BBC Restoration Roadshow in 2006.
The former Victorian school with 15th century guild chapel, which has undergone a �1.5m makeover, will open as a community, heritage, business and education centre on Sunday, August 15 as part of a Restoration Roadshow Revisited event.
News of the official opening comes as some community groups begin to use the Pennoyer's Village Centre and work continues to fit out the cafe and IT centre.
You may also want to watch:
Sheila King, project manager, said the building had undergone a huge transformation since the last open day four years ago as part of the BBC Restoration competition. She added that building should be fully fitted out by next month.
The village centre already has a team of more than 50 volunteers and is set to deliver a programme of adult education courses in the autumn and is already taking private bookings.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk