Delivery driver rescued as road closed due to flooding
- Credit: Steve Adams
Heavy rain has caused a ford to flood on a south Norfolk road, with one driver already having to be rescued.
Mill Lane in Shotesham St Mary, near Newton Flotman, has been closed by Norfolk police with drivers asked to take an alternative route.
At 7.55am this morning a delivery vehicle got stuck in Shotesham Ford.
Fire crews from Long Stratton, Carrow and Earlham attended the incident.
One person was rescued by the water rescue team who waded into the water and assisted the driver to dry land.
The vehicle has been recovered but police are still on scene.
The road will be closed until further notice.
- 1 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 5 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 6 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 7 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 8 Recipe: Make our Cherries Jubilee cake
- 9 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in