Delivery driver rescued as road closed due to flooding
- Credit: Steve Adams
Heavy rain has caused a ford to flood on a south Norfolk road, with one driver already having to be rescued.
Mill Lane in Shotesham St Mary, near Newton Flotman, has been closed by Norfolk police with drivers asked to take an alternative route.
At 7.55am this morning a delivery vehicle got stuck in Shotesham Ford.
Fire crews from Long Stratton, Carrow and Earlham attended the incident.
One person was rescued by the water rescue team who waded into the water and assisted the driver to dry land.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle has been recovered but police are still on scene.
The road will be closed until further notice.
- 1 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 4 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 5 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 6 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison