Delivery driver rescued as road closed due to flooding
- Credit: Steve Adams
Heavy rain has caused a ford to flood on a south Norfolk road, with one driver already having to be rescued.
Mill Lane in Shotesham St Mary, near Newton Flotman, has been closed by Norfolk police with drivers asked to take an alternative route.
At 7.55am this morning a delivery vehicle got stuck in Shotesham Ford.
Fire crews from Long Stratton, Carrow and Earlham attended the incident.
One person was rescued by the water rescue team who waded into the water and assisted the driver to dry land.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle has been recovered but police are still on scene.
The road will be closed until further notice.
- 1 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget