Delivery driver rescued as road closed due to flooding
- Credit: Steve Adams
Heavy rain has caused a ford to flood on a south Norfolk road, with one driver already having to be rescued.
Mill Lane in Shotesham St Mary, near Newton Flotman, has been closed by Norfolk police with drivers asked to take an alternative route.
At 7.55am this morning a delivery vehicle got stuck in Shotesham Ford.
Fire crews from Long Stratton, Carrow and Earlham attended the incident.
One person was rescued by the water rescue team who waded into the water and assisted the driver to dry land.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle has been recovered but police are still on scene.
The road will be closed until further notice.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Norfolk conservation groups get £1.5m boost from Green Recovery Fund
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk