Roads and rail return to normal in Diss
Rail services and the roads in Diss returned to normal today following the completion of a rail bridge replacement scheme.Local traffic and train travellers were delayed by the project, which saw the removal and replacement of the bridge on the Norwich-London line.
Rail services and the roads in Diss returned to normal today following the completion of a rail bridge replacement scheme.
Local traffic and train travellers were delayed by the project, which saw the removal and replacement of the bridge on the Norwich-London line.
But the works, which closed the main road into Diss from 6am Christmas Eve, were completed on time this morning . The A1066 Victoria Road was reopened to traffic, cyclists, and pedestrians from 6am.
The scheme was part of a �10m phase of railway improvement works in East Anglia by Network Rail over the Christmas period.
You may also want to watch:
National Express East Anglia services between Norwich and London, which ran replacement buses between Norwich and Stowmarket on Sunday, also returned to normal .
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 7 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 10 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse