Roads and rail return to normal in Diss
Rail services and the roads in Diss returned to normal today following the completion of a rail bridge replacement scheme.Local traffic and train travellers were delayed by the project, which saw the removal and replacement of the bridge on the Norwich-London line.
Rail services and the roads in Diss returned to normal today following the completion of a rail bridge replacement scheme.
Local traffic and train travellers were delayed by the project, which saw the removal and replacement of the bridge on the Norwich-London line.
But the works, which closed the main road into Diss from 6am Christmas Eve, were completed on time this morning . The A1066 Victoria Road was reopened to traffic, cyclists, and pedestrians from 6am.
The scheme was part of a �10m phase of railway improvement works in East Anglia by Network Rail over the Christmas period.
National Express East Anglia services between Norwich and London, which ran replacement buses between Norwich and Stowmarket on Sunday, also returned to normal .
- 1 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 2 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 3 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 4 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 7 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 8 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 The 4 most wanted men in Norfolk