Roads and rail return to normal in Diss
Rail services and the roads in Diss returned to normal today following the completion of a rail bridge replacement scheme.Local traffic and train travellers were delayed by the project, which saw the removal and replacement of the bridge on the Norwich-London line.
Rail services and the roads in Diss returned to normal today following the completion of a rail bridge replacement scheme.
Local traffic and train travellers were delayed by the project, which saw the removal and replacement of the bridge on the Norwich-London line.
But the works, which closed the main road into Diss from 6am Christmas Eve, were completed on time this morning . The A1066 Victoria Road was reopened to traffic, cyclists, and pedestrians from 6am.
The scheme was part of a �10m phase of railway improvement works in East Anglia by Network Rail over the Christmas period.
You may also want to watch:
National Express East Anglia services between Norwich and London, which ran replacement buses between Norwich and Stowmarket on Sunday, also returned to normal .
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 5 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 7 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 8 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 9 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 10 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?