Roads and rail return to normal in Diss
Rail services and the roads in Diss returned to normal today following the completion of a rail bridge replacement scheme.Local traffic and train travellers were delayed by the project, which saw the removal and replacement of the bridge on the Norwich-London line.
Rail services and the roads in Diss returned to normal today following the completion of a rail bridge replacement scheme.
Local traffic and train travellers were delayed by the project, which saw the removal and replacement of the bridge on the Norwich-London line.
But the works, which closed the main road into Diss from 6am Christmas Eve, were completed on time this morning . The A1066 Victoria Road was reopened to traffic, cyclists, and pedestrians from 6am.
The scheme was part of a �10m phase of railway improvement works in East Anglia by Network Rail over the Christmas period.
You may also want to watch:
National Express East Anglia services between Norwich and London, which ran replacement buses between Norwich and Stowmarket on Sunday, also returned to normal .
- 1 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 2 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 3 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 7 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 8 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission