Roads and rail return to normal in Diss
Rail services and the roads in Diss returned to normal today following the completion of a rail bridge replacement scheme.Local traffic and train travellers were delayed by the project, which saw the removal and replacement of the bridge on the Norwich-London line.
Rail services and the roads in Diss returned to normal today following the completion of a rail bridge replacement scheme.
Local traffic and train travellers were delayed by the project, which saw the removal and replacement of the bridge on the Norwich-London line.
But the works, which closed the main road into Diss from 6am Christmas Eve, were completed on time this morning . The A1066 Victoria Road was reopened to traffic, cyclists, and pedestrians from 6am.
The scheme was part of a �10m phase of railway improvement works in East Anglia by Network Rail over the Christmas period.
You may also want to watch:
National Express East Anglia services between Norwich and London, which ran replacement buses between Norwich and Stowmarket on Sunday, also returned to normal .
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"